Help overclock ECS 965T-A MB with a E6300 Core 2 Duo

setdhook1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
I have heard that the Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (L2) 1.86 GHz (2x1MB,1066 MHz,LGA775), can be be overclocked to at least 2.6 Ghz speed. Would like to overclock to at least a 2.4 Ghz speed. I have a new ECS 965T-A Ver 1.08 MB with a Two pairs (2x1gb dual core) PC6400, 800mHz speed Crucial Memory. Using an after market TR-M21 RX CPU heaksink. Here is the link to the MB Web site that has the manual. Can anyone tell me what BIOS variables need to be changed? Thanks in advance for helping the OverClocking GREENHORN :<. Here is ECS's web site that has the MB Specs, also includes manual which lists BIOS setup. P.S. although I'm a greenhorn in overclocking, I'm pretty familar with BIOS setup. Again THANKS for any help :>

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?detailid=681&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Manual&MenuID=1&LanID=9

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
ECS would not be a good choice for overclocking, except for its enthusiast motherboard line (e.g. Black or Extreme Series), which P965T-A is not. ECS primary focus is on entry-level value or mainstream boards with few extra bells and whistles like overclocking features. ECS boards usually have *some* overclocking options, but rarely are complete or extensive enough to permit anything more than very mild overclocks. There are some exceptions here and there, but not the norm.

Its enthusiast line boards such as Black or Extreme Series offer complete overclocking options, but tend to be more restrained than you might find on enthusiast motherboards from ASUS, Gigabyte, ABIT, and other brands with a larger focus on enthusiast or premium motherboards.

The user manual is often not a good representation of the BIOS options that may or may not be in the actual BIOS. Its usually more generic overview of the most common BIOS options. Overclocking options in particular tend to get glossed over in user manuals or discussed generically. Might be better to take some photos of the BIOS pages, and make a note of what options are offered for each field.

fool_of_a_took

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009

I feel your pain :( - same mobo, same problem! Did you find a solution without buying a new board?