Sign in with
Your question

I need help about the compatibility of my ram and mobo..please help me

Last response: in Systems
August 1, 2008 11:11:21 PM

I need help...I already have this both: the EVGA 650i ULtra A1 version and OCZ Platinum Revision 2 DDR2 800..I haven't assembled this system because I haven't ordered my Corsair 650Watts power supply..This is my first time building a computer. When I read the mobo manual, it says 1.8 volts...when I researched about the OCZ ram, it is 1.9v - 2.1v ...I don't know if they're going to be compatible...I really need help immediately..tnx...

More about : compatibility ram mobo

August 1, 2008 11:19:48 PM

When you build your system, use 1 DIMM in slot 1 at first. Go into BIOS and set the RAM voltage to 2.0-2.1v and shut down and install the second or remaing DIMMs.
August 1, 2008 11:31:37 PM

Thank you..what will happen if I install both ram sticks at the same time?
Related resources
August 1, 2008 11:38:58 PM

You can try and install both DIMMS. The BIOS will default to 1.8v. You should set the RAM to Mfg. specs in BIOS 2.0-2.1v to insure proper function of the RAM. Once you load you OS and MB/chipset drivers the correct voltage will be needed running the system under the load of the software. So set the RAM's voltage, speed and timings according to RAM Mfg. spces in BIOS and your OCZ should do fine with your MB. You have the 650i chipset which tends to be picky about RAM. Setting the voiltage to 2.0-2.1v will very likely be needed for stability with that chipset.
August 2, 2008 1:08:37 AM

so will the ram work with my motherboard with a 2.0 - 2.1v setting?
August 2, 2008 12:26:50 PM

Probably. It's always a good idea to check the compatibility list on the MB support site, and the same at the memory support site. Not that yours won't work regardless, but the matches you find listed have been tested.

Your board will start out at a 333 FSB anyway. You will only run your RAM at the listed "800" speed if you overclock.
!