Media Player 10 keeps updating and updating and...

My problem is that for about the last month the windows Media Player built
in updater tells me an update is avaible. I run the updater on dial up it
takes a while to download 12 megs then when the updater starts it tells me
the version is the same or newer that that of the update. Program quits. I
restart media player and comes up again. Summary Updater UI says I need
update. Download upate then when installer starts running tells me version
is
equal to or newer than downloaded update?

Thanks for trying to help.

jason

In the player click on tools,options,locate the update choices,set to once a
month,click ok then exit.