Sign in with
Your question

DUAL pumps and radiators

Last response: in Overclocking
September 19, 2009 1:53:45 AM

I'm new to this water cooling and case modding(look for my wood case post in the modding sections).

I am wondering if i could have an radiator and pump setup like this?

Will this work well so far ?

at this moment i need the best set up for my case design im working on..i need to keep my case temp from reaching 200 F in side my sollid cherry wood... or it stats to turn into a large charcole lump.........It would be also nice to keep my as quiet as posible in doing so

More about : dual pumps radiators

September 19, 2009 2:15:28 AM

Why don't you just do dual loops?
That setup would work, but the pumps would have to be the same, and it would give less performance.
m
l
September 19, 2009 2:28:15 AM

dual loops?

Also im building an decently tall wooden case that are raise a bit up with wooden legs, to allow an few fans too alow air to be taken in at the bottom,and I'm going to add a few fans at the very top in order spew out the heat.

In all of this space...I could add plenty of liquid cooling stuff......

Im also going too have an design where the mother board,and the vast majority of the liquid cooling equiptment will be mounted on an panel which is remove able.
Hopefully this will work so that when i change the liquid ever year or so,over the years...i can decrease the risk of an mess from ruining the beautiful cherry wood.

Since this is an wooden design, I will be able to build an drawer system,with space big enough space to mount an 1000 watt psu........ I may be having too much power,yet i want the ability to upgrade this relic..many many years down the road.........

Basicly this case COULD be an heirloom, if well kept

(my woods teacher.who is the real deal says cherry get a nice dark tone over the years.)
m
l
Related resources
September 19, 2009 2:44:00 AM

What are you watercooling?

Instead on having everything in one loop, separate the GPU into it's own loop.
Splitting the 2 biggest heat generating components in to 2 separate loops will help the temps.
m
l
September 19, 2009 3:14:12 PM

ShtBrix said:
What are you watercooling?

Instead on having everything in one loop, separate the GPU into it's own loop.
Splitting the 2 biggest heat generating components in to 2 separate loops will help the temps.

pretty much everything that i can to reduce the nocie,and help cooling drastically along with my fans.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 19, 2009 5:00:52 PM

Conumdrum said:
Please go to this link and read Post #6. I'd post it here, but Toms breaks some of the guides link. You gotta understand the basics first.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=618646

Agreed. OP needs to educate himself more on this subject.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
September 21, 2009 3:01:14 PM

I am not a big fan of people having incredible ideas, but not starting with the basics, first.

Don't get me wrong...I love ideas, I love DIY and I love imagination. But, when coupled with failure-to-learn and stubbornness, get you in a whole lot of trouble, fast. You are looking into spending potentially several hundred dollars on a cooling solution alone. Do some reading. (i.e.- A LOT.) Google a lot of potential ideas.

I really wish people would stop going into watercooling with a half-assed attitude about learning and not doing something for themselves...like actually understand what they want to do...FIRST.
m
l
!