Jedi Issues

Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after Publish 9?
Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think they
have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking TEF'd
newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is no
balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I alone
in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I have 2
friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to convince
them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but having
friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.

All thoughts and opinions welcome.
10 answers Last reply
More about jedi issues
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    You can thank the Devs for that one..once they took out the Saber TEF and
    ganked Bounty Hunters, Jedi just started coming out of the woodwork.
    Hopefully, they'll realize the folly of their mistake and tone them down a
    bit. However, thanks to the Jedi complaining all the time about it, Combat
    Medic's have been brought back in line somewhat..despite the fact that the
    regular players have been raising issues about them for over 4 months.

    Another Dev induced farce is the Overt non-Jedi farming for FRS points
    that's happening. Again, maybe they'll pull their heads out and realize
    that Jedi should only be killing Jedi and not preying upon the rest of us
    "mortals".

    I, for one, won't be holding my breath.

    "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after Publish
    9?
    > Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think they
    > have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking
    TEF'd
    > newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is no
    > balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I alone
    > in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I have
    2
    > friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to convince
    > them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but
    having
    > friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
    >
    > All thoughts and opinions welcome.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Yup, I hope they fix the overpowering Jedi - otherwise I'll probably leave
    the game and wait for Middle Earth Online.

    "Steven Vavra" <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > You can thank the Devs for that one..once they took out the Saber TEF and
    > ganked Bounty Hunters, Jedi just started coming out of the woodwork.
    > Hopefully, they'll realize the folly of their mistake and tone them down a
    > bit. However, thanks to the Jedi complaining all the time about it,
    Combat
    > Medic's have been brought back in line somewhat..despite the fact that the
    > regular players have been raising issues about them for over 4 months.
    >
    > Another Dev induced farce is the Overt non-Jedi farming for FRS points
    > that's happening. Again, maybe they'll pull their heads out and realize
    > that Jedi should only be killing Jedi and not preying upon the rest of us
    > "mortals".
    >
    > I, for one, won't be holding my breath.
    >
    > "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after Publish
    > 9?
    > > Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think
    they
    > > have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking
    > TEF'd
    > > newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is
    no
    > > balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I
    alone
    > > in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I
    have
    > 2
    > > friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to
    convince
    > > them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but
    > having
    > > friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
    > >
    > > All thoughts and opinions welcome.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    > Yup, I hope they fix the overpowering Jedi - otherwise I'll probably leave
    > the game and wait for Middle Earth Online.

    I keep hearing stuff like this and am glad i left the game.

    Laura

    > "Steven Vavra" <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > You can thank the Devs for that one..once they took out the Saber TEF
    and
    > > ganked Bounty Hunters, Jedi just started coming out of the woodwork.
    > > Hopefully, they'll realize the folly of their mistake and tone them down
    > > bit. However, thanks to the Jedi complaining all the time about it,
    > Combat
    > > Medic's have been brought back in line somewhat..despite the fact that
    the
    > > regular players have been raising issues about them for over 4 months.
    > >
    > > Another Dev induced farce is the Overt non-Jedi farming for FRS points
    > > that's happening. Again, maybe they'll pull their heads out and realize
    > > that Jedi should only be killing Jedi and not preying upon the rest of
    us
    > > "mortals".
    > >
    > > I, for one, won't be holding my breath.
    > >
    > > "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after
    Publish
    > > 9?
    > > > Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think
    > they
    > > > have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking
    > > TEF'd
    > > > newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is
    > no
    > > > balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I
    > alone
    > > > in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I
    > have
    > > 2
    > > > friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to
    > convince
    > > > them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but
    > > having
    > > > friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
    > > >
    > > > All thoughts and opinions welcome.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after
    Publish 9?
    > Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think
    they
    > have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking
    TEF'd
    > newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is
    no
    > balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I
    alone
    > in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I
    have 2
    > friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to
    convince
    > them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but
    having
    > friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
    >
    > All thoughts and opinions welcome.

    That is one of the reasons the Devs removed the Master Scout requirement
    from BH. They want to use those extra skill points to 'beef up' BH to
    be able to help control the Jedi population. Those extra points are
    enough to give an MBH another master in either Carbineer or Pistoleer,
    and have enough points left over to pick up novice Medic and 1000 in it
    to help with the healing some.

    Personally, I think a Master Carbineer/MBH would be a force against a
    Jedi. I saw a fencer (I think it was a fencer) land an intimidate then
    dizzy/kd on a Jedi and won the duel - so state effects do help. If you
    are able to start off at 64m and use the state effects wisely
    (stun/intimidate cuts down on the damage they deal, increases the damage
    you deal - dizzy to keep them from running, kd or posture down to keep
    them from getting close, blind to keep them from hitting as much - as
    well as fire from a torso shot) you probably have a pretty good chance.

    Does anybody know if the Mandalorean or BH armor (before the conversion
    in the DWB) have lightsaber resists? If so, BH should do fairly well
    against Jedi. At least in a one-on-one situation. If the Jedi is
    protected by a group (most are), they will need backup... I'd suggestion
    an army of CMs, Riflemen, Fencers and TKMs to provide cover :P

    - Oalan
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Steven Vavra wrote:

    > The biggest issues now are that Jedi are blocking anywhere from 75-90% of
    > all ranged attacks, so again, Bounty Hunters are screwed. I know on my
    > server, several people are taking BH investigation and adding it in with
    > their melee templates to give them half a chance.
    >
    > As for Mandolorian armor (or any armor for that matter), it does NOT have
    > Lightsaber resistance. In fact, the only thing that does are PSG's
    > (Imperial I think). On Eclipse, I've seen them for sale with 47% against
    > lightsaber damage, but other than that, nothing else does. Hardly fair, is
    > it?

    Fencers remain among the best anti-jedi. Dodge is still under-rated by
    most people, even though they know it is powerful. I've been a fencer
    for a while, and *I* still underestimate it. Dodging 75% of anything is
    like 50% composite that works against anybody, including Jedi.

    The more that I play as a fencer, the more I enjoy it.

    CH
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    > The biggest issues now are that Jedi are blocking anywhere from 75-90%
    of
    > all ranged attacks, so again, Bounty Hunters are screwed. I know on
    my
    > server, several people are taking BH investigation and adding it in
    with
    > their melee templates to give them half a chance.

    One of the state effects (either intimidate or stun) really puts a dent
    in defenses. Does anybody know if that is the case with saber blocking
    also? Maybe start by popping off between 4-10 shots off that cause that
    state, then move on to the other shots once the defense is down. I
    guess it'd be a lot easier to try these out if I had a Jedi to play with
    :P

    > As for Mandolorian armor (or any armor for that matter), it does NOT
    have
    > Lightsaber resistance. In fact, the only thing that does are PSG's
    > (Imperial I think). On Eclipse, I've seen them for sale with 47%
    against
    > lightsaber damage, but other than that, nothing else does. Hardly
    fair, is
    > it?

    That is a pain... question about the PSGs though. Were they put up for
    sale when the bug existed that incorrectly specified something as having
    a lightsaber resistance even though it really didn't? If it really
    does, then I wonder if RIS does also, since they both have the floating
    resist problem. Maybe the floating resist isn't a good indication... I
    think Tantel had that problem also :/

    Does anybody know what resistance the Jedis have on their robes? Not
    that it matters if you can't get through them blocking the shots I
    guess.

    - Oalan
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:59:13 GMT, "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after Publish 9?
    >Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think they
    >have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking TEF'd
    >newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is no
    >balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I alone
    >in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I have 2
    >friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to convince
    >them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but having
    >friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
    >
    >All thoughts and opinions welcome.

    LMFAO.......

    It's starting!!!!!

    Just like I have always said it would!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Charlie" <galileebarbarossa@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Well, if losing that much xp is a concern, then going to a rebel
    > stronghold
    > > and initiating combat is probably something one should consider
    before
    > > doing.
    >
    > So you're saying Jedi should just PvE or pick on low level characters?
    > That's like saying a Smuggler who uses Feign Death in PvP is weak.
    > Jedi get the Force Run ability to save their asses when the going gets
    > tough, and it's all they have. They can't hide behind composite armor
    like
    > 99% of the PvP players do.
    >
    > It has already been stated by the developers that Dark/Light Jedi
    Knights
    > and the higher level FRS Jedi will be a lot stronger than any elite or
    > temploiter class. These players invested a great deal of time into
    their
    > characters and they should be extraordinarily strong. To be able to
    kill a
    > high ranking Jedi should be and is an incredible accomplishment.
    >
    > What do you lose when you die? Nothing if you're smart enough to
    clone.
    > What does a Jedi lose? Six hours of non stop grinding worth of
    experience.

    If they are that high of a level, they pretty much demonstrated that
    they have the time and willpower to go through it. What do I lose if a
    Jedi kills me? The limited amount of time I have to play, by figuring
    out what I did to get a TEF, heal up, travel back to where I was, a
    vehicle if it was out when I got jumped, any condition that the
    lightsaber took from my armor, as well as any fun I was having getting
    interrupted. If you have a Jedi that is a Knight, it is plain that time
    limitations mean nothing to you. As such, it is a greater commodity for
    those that have less of it.

    I kind of see having all the Jedi around as exaggerating the TEF issues
    even more. Before, there was a good chance that you would die unless
    you had a PVP template when you got jumped. Now, it is basically a
    given, unless you are one of a smaller number of professions, even then
    it is a lot harder than a normal character.

    > And besides, bringing THAT many people to kill one Jedi and I won't
    even
    > stick around to fight. That's just plain retarded.

    Unless the Jedi wanted to see how many he can take on. After all, if
    time is basically unlimited, they have nothing to lose.

    - Oalan
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    > This is exactly right. I just started doing imp missions before Publish9.0
    > came out. Because of Jedi's farming, I have doing imp missions because if
    > TEF then I'll get whacked. In effect the devs have killed the idea of a
    GCW.
    > Stupid and I'm relly suprised that this wasn't addressed in 9.1 - other
    than
    > a couple lame BH fixes.
    >
    > To the argument that they spent time building up to Jedi, blah, blah,
    blah:
    > Say I get doc buffed, eat some chef buffs, etc and get whacked. Well, I've
    > wasted all that time getting buffed, etc. So that's a poor argument that
    you
    > have insurance because you can't insure buffs. I usually don't clone on
    > adventure planets because I don't fight stuff that DBs - same with my
    > faction missions.

    It's common practice for people to whine and complain about every little
    thing in this game. You people cry when someone better than you kills you.
    Deal with it. I made my character a temploiter to deal with it. What is
    1000 credits to clone if you plan on running faction missions? Are you
    people really that lazy? Geez. If you're foolish enough to run factional
    missions from a popular outpost or city, then you deserve to die a painful
    death at the hands of an overt (Jedi included). That's just plain stupid
    and careless.

    My guild went to the Geonosian cave one night to try to get the sonic
    blaster schematic. Thanks to some careless actions from a memer of the
    group, the guild leader was killed. he forgot to clone and he began to
    whine and moan about the decay. Well tough.

    Even the Jedi aren't immune from idiotic mistakes. Some complain about
    being clone camped. Since the Knights are permenately overt, there is
    nothing to stop a gank squad from running into the cloner and kill him all
    over again. Some Jedi just don't know how to use the shrines the devs put
    in the game. Just like players like you who don't take the time to pay one
    thousand measely credits to clone.

    Unfortunately the developers like to run this game based on the popular
    opinion of the players. Give em what they want they say. Original idea was
    to put a cap on the number of Jedi on each server. Well hell, nobody liked
    that idea. It's not fait that John Doe gets to play a Jedi simply because
    he works from home and gets to play 8 hours a day. It's not fair that Jane
    Doe gets to play a Jedi because she's in a guild of 100+ that can easily
    give away hundreds of thousands of resources for grinding. So the develops
    make jedi attainable for everyone. But alas, the constant holo grinding
    breaks the Star Warsy feel of the game. So here come the Jedi Trials in
    publish 10. Now everyone can become a Jedi or make their character Force
    Sensitive.

    It's what the majority wanted from the beginning, and yet the majority
    complains about Jedi. As a developer, I would have shot myself in the head
    a long time ago. Everyone likes to complain in this game. You pay $15 a
    month to enjoy a game, not to gripe about it.

    I'm out. This newsgroup is a hundred times worse than the Galaxies forums.
    Have fun crying on each others shoulders.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    > "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > I'm out. This newsgroup is a hundred times worse than the Galaxies
    forums.
    > Have fun crying on each others shoulders.

    You're kidding..right? I don't know what forums you are looking at, but you
    are sadly mistaken if you think this newsgroup is worse than that. That
    must be one hellacious set of blinders you have on.

    I'm guessing that somewhere down the line, you must have a Jedi..since those
    are the people who seem to argue the most about how "underpowered and
    underbalanced" they are. Give me a break. I'm also assuming that you think
    it's a good idea that Jedi can also run around with little or no resistance
    from anyone. Hell, why shouldn't they be able to? I mean, according to the
    Dev timeline of this game, it's supposed to be between Episodes 4 & 5.

    Now, I might be wrong about this, but last time I watched the movies, I sure
    as hell didn't see Jedi dueling each other at starports, or going around
    killing TEF'ed or Overt players just for laughs. Whatever happened to them
    supposedly hiding? Oh yeah, that's right..they pander to one player base
    exclusively and try to push the Jedi propaganda on everyone to get new
    subscribers.

    This game isn't about Star Wars anymore, it's about how much money SOE and
    Lucas can pump out before the game dies. And after the announcement this
    week about the CB and GCW revamps being pushed back further and
    further..that death may not be too far away. Not a chance JTL will save it,
    no matter how good it is. Ground combat and the GCW should've been the #1
    priority, and instead, they pushed through stuff for Droid Engineers (2
    publishes), Image Designers (1 publish), and Jedi (2 publishes).

    But I will give the Jedi whiners credit, they did get the CM's toned down a
    bit.

Games Video Games