Jedi Issues

Last response: in Video Games
July 14, 2004 8:59:13 PM

Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after Publish 9?
Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think they
have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking TEF'd
newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is no
balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I alone
in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I have 2
friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to convince
them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but having
friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.

All thoughts and opinions welcome.

More about : jedi issues

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 12:09:52 AM

You can thank the Devs for that one..once they took out the Saber TEF and
ganked Bounty Hunters, Jedi just started coming out of the woodwork.
Hopefully, they'll realize the folly of their mistake and tone them down a
bit. However, thanks to the Jedi complaining all the time about it, Combat
Medic's have been brought back in line somewhat..despite the fact that the
regular players have been raising issues about them for over 4 months.

Another Dev induced farce is the Overt non-Jedi farming for FRS points
that's happening. Again, maybe they'll pull their heads out and realize
that Jedi should only be killing Jedi and not preying upon the rest of us
"mortals".

I, for one, won't be holding my breath.

"No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
> Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after Publish
9?
> Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think they
> have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking
TEF'd
> newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is no
> balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I alone
> in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I have
2
> friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to convince
> them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but
having
> friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
>
> All thoughts and opinions welcome.

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 10:28:09 AM

Yup, I hope they fix the overpowering Jedi - otherwise I'll probably leave
the game and wait for Middle Earth Online.

"Steven Vavra" <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> You can thank the Devs for that one..once they took out the Saber TEF and
> ganked Bounty Hunters, Jedi just started coming out of the woodwork.
> Hopefully, they'll realize the folly of their mistake and tone them down a
> bit. However, thanks to the Jedi complaining all the time about it,
Combat
> Medic's have been brought back in line somewhat..despite the fact that the
> regular players have been raising issues about them for over 4 months.
>
> Another Dev induced farce is the Overt non-Jedi farming for FRS points
> that's happening. Again, maybe they'll pull their heads out and realize
> that Jedi should only be killing Jedi and not preying upon the rest of us
> "mortals".
>
> I, for one, won't be holding my breath.
>
> "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
> > Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after Publish
> 9?
> > Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think
they
> > have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking
> TEF'd
> > newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is
no
> > balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I
alone
> > in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I
have
> 2
> > friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to
convince
> > them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but
> having
> > friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
> >
> > All thoughts and opinions welcome.

Related resources
July 15, 2004 3:03:35 PM

> Yup, I hope they fix the overpowering Jedi - otherwise I'll probably leave
> the game and wait for Middle Earth Online.

I keep hearing stuff like this and am glad i left the game.

Laura

> "Steven Vavra" <steven_vavra@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > You can thank the Devs for that one..once they took out the Saber TEF
and
> > ganked Bounty Hunters, Jedi just started coming out of the woodwork.
> > Hopefully, they'll realize the folly of their mistake and tone them down
> > bit. However, thanks to the Jedi complaining all the time about it,
> Combat
> > Medic's have been brought back in line somewhat..despite the fact that
the
> > regular players have been raising issues about them for over 4 months.
> >
> > Another Dev induced farce is the Overt non-Jedi farming for FRS points
> > that's happening. Again, maybe they'll pull their heads out and realize
> > that Jedi should only be killing Jedi and not preying upon the rest of
us
> > "mortals".
> >
> > I, for one, won't be holding my breath.
> >
> > "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after
Publish
> > 9?
> > > Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think
> they
> > > have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking
> > TEF'd
> > > newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is
> no
> > > balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I
> alone
> > > in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I
> have
> > 2
> > > friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to
> convince
> > > them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but
> > having
> > > friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
> > >
> > > All thoughts and opinions welcome.

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 7:49:09 PM

"No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
> Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after
Publish 9?
> Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think
they
> have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking
TEF'd
> newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is
no
> balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I
alone
> in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I
have 2
> friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to
convince
> them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but
having
> friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
>
> All thoughts and opinions welcome.

That is one of the reasons the Devs removed the Master Scout requirement
from BH. They want to use those extra skill points to 'beef up' BH to
be able to help control the Jedi population. Those extra points are
enough to give an MBH another master in either Carbineer or Pistoleer,
and have enough points left over to pick up novice Medic and 1000 in it
to help with the healing some.

Personally, I think a Master Carbineer/MBH would be a force against a
Jedi. I saw a fencer (I think it was a fencer) land an intimidate then
dizzy/kd on a Jedi and won the duel - so state effects do help. If you
are able to start off at 64m and use the state effects wisely
(stun/intimidate cuts down on the damage they deal, increases the damage
you deal - dizzy to keep them from running, kd or posture down to keep
them from getting close, blind to keep them from hitting as much - as
well as fire from a torso shot) you probably have a pretty good chance.

Does anybody know if the Mandalorean or BH armor (before the conversion
in the DWB) have lightsaber resists? If so, BH should do fairly well
against Jedi. At least in a one-on-one situation. If the Jedi is
protected by a group (most are), they will need backup... I'd suggestion
an army of CMs, Riflemen, Fencers and TKMs to provide cover :p

- Oalan
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 8:56:53 PM

Steven Vavra wrote:

> The biggest issues now are that Jedi are blocking anywhere from 75-90% of
> all ranged attacks, so again, Bounty Hunters are screwed. I know on my
> server, several people are taking BH investigation and adding it in with
> their melee templates to give them half a chance.
>
> As for Mandolorian armor (or any armor for that matter), it does NOT have
> Lightsaber resistance. In fact, the only thing that does are PSG's
> (Imperial I think). On Eclipse, I've seen them for sale with 47% against
> lightsaber damage, but other than that, nothing else does. Hardly fair, is
> it?

Fencers remain among the best anti-jedi. Dodge is still under-rated by
most people, even though they know it is powerful. I've been a fencer
for a while, and *I* still underestimate it. Dodging 75% of anything is
like 50% composite that works against anybody, including Jedi.

The more that I play as a fencer, the more I enjoy it.

CH
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 1:14:27 AM

> The biggest issues now are that Jedi are blocking anywhere from 75-90%
of
> all ranged attacks, so again, Bounty Hunters are screwed. I know on
my
> server, several people are taking BH investigation and adding it in
with
> their melee templates to give them half a chance.

One of the state effects (either intimidate or stun) really puts a dent
in defenses. Does anybody know if that is the case with saber blocking
also? Maybe start by popping off between 4-10 shots off that cause that
state, then move on to the other shots once the defense is down. I
guess it'd be a lot easier to try these out if I had a Jedi to play with
:p

> As for Mandolorian armor (or any armor for that matter), it does NOT
have
> Lightsaber resistance. In fact, the only thing that does are PSG's
> (Imperial I think). On Eclipse, I've seen them for sale with 47%
against
> lightsaber damage, but other than that, nothing else does. Hardly
fair, is
> it?

That is a pain... question about the PSGs though. Were they put up for
sale when the bug existed that incorrectly specified something as having
a lightsaber resistance even though it really didn't? If it really
does, then I wonder if RIS does also, since they both have the floating
resist problem. Maybe the floating resist isn't a good indication... I
think Tantel had that problem also :/

Does anybody know what resistance the Jedis have on their robes? Not
that it matters if you can't get through them blocking the shots I
guess.

- Oalan
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 10:05:23 AM

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:59:13 GMT, "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com>
wrote:

>Anybody else have issues with all the Jedis running around after Publish 9?
>Too many of them and they are basically invulnerable. I really think they
>have to beef up BH and do something about them hanging out and wacking TEF'd
>newbs. I haven't had that issue as I'm neutral but I do think there is no
>balance and really doesn't gibe with the Star Wars that I know. Am I alone
>in this opinion? Anyone know of plans to change this in Publish 10? I have 2
>friends who have left the game in the last week and I've tried to convince
>them to stay and wait out the rebalance. I really enjoy the game but having
>friends play it makes it far more enjoyable.
>
>All thoughts and opinions welcome.

LMFAO.......

It's starting!!!!!

Just like I have always said it would!
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 10:31:11 PM

"Charlie" <galileebarbarossa@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Well, if losing that much xp is a concern, then going to a rebel
> stronghold
> > and initiating combat is probably something one should consider
before
> > doing.
>
> So you're saying Jedi should just PvE or pick on low level characters?
> That's like saying a Smuggler who uses Feign Death in PvP is weak.
> Jedi get the Force Run ability to save their asses when the going gets
> tough, and it's all they have. They can't hide behind composite armor
like
> 99% of the PvP players do.
>
> It has already been stated by the developers that Dark/Light Jedi
Knights
> and the higher level FRS Jedi will be a lot stronger than any elite or
> temploiter class. These players invested a great deal of time into
their
> characters and they should be extraordinarily strong. To be able to
kill a
> high ranking Jedi should be and is an incredible accomplishment.
>
> What do you lose when you die? Nothing if you're smart enough to
clone.
> What does a Jedi lose? Six hours of non stop grinding worth of
experience.

If they are that high of a level, they pretty much demonstrated that
they have the time and willpower to go through it. What do I lose if a
Jedi kills me? The limited amount of time I have to play, by figuring
out what I did to get a TEF, heal up, travel back to where I was, a
vehicle if it was out when I got jumped, any condition that the
lightsaber took from my armor, as well as any fun I was having getting
interrupted. If you have a Jedi that is a Knight, it is plain that time
limitations mean nothing to you. As such, it is a greater commodity for
those that have less of it.

I kind of see having all the Jedi around as exaggerating the TEF issues
even more. Before, there was a good chance that you would die unless
you had a PVP template when you got jumped. Now, it is basically a
given, unless you are one of a smaller number of professions, even then
it is a lot harder than a normal character.

> And besides, bringing THAT many people to kill one Jedi and I won't
even
> stick around to fight. That's just plain retarded.

Unless the Jedi wanted to see how many he can take on. After all, if
time is basically unlimited, they have nothing to lose.

- Oalan
July 16, 2004 11:03:54 PM

> This is exactly right. I just started doing imp missions before Publish9.0
> came out. Because of Jedi's farming, I have doing imp missions because if
> TEF then I'll get whacked. In effect the devs have killed the idea of a
GCW.
> Stupid and I'm relly suprised that this wasn't addressed in 9.1 - other
than
> a couple lame BH fixes.
>
> To the argument that they spent time building up to Jedi, blah, blah,
blah:
> Say I get doc buffed, eat some chef buffs, etc and get whacked. Well, I've
> wasted all that time getting buffed, etc. So that's a poor argument that
you
> have insurance because you can't insure buffs. I usually don't clone on
> adventure planets because I don't fight stuff that DBs - same with my
> faction missions.

It's common practice for people to whine and complain about every little
thing in this game. You people cry when someone better than you kills you.
Deal with it. I made my character a temploiter to deal with it. What is
1000 credits to clone if you plan on running faction missions? Are you
people really that lazy? Geez. If you're foolish enough to run factional
missions from a popular outpost or city, then you deserve to die a painful
death at the hands of an overt (Jedi included). That's just plain stupid
and careless.

My guild went to the Geonosian cave one night to try to get the sonic
blaster schematic. Thanks to some careless actions from a memer of the
group, the guild leader was killed. he forgot to clone and he began to
whine and moan about the decay. Well tough.

Even the Jedi aren't immune from idiotic mistakes. Some complain about
being clone camped. Since the Knights are permenately overt, there is
nothing to stop a gank squad from running into the cloner and kill him all
over again. Some Jedi just don't know how to use the shrines the devs put
in the game. Just like players like you who don't take the time to pay one
thousand measely credits to clone.

Unfortunately the developers like to run this game based on the popular
opinion of the players. Give em what they want they say. Original idea was
to put a cap on the number of Jedi on each server. Well hell, nobody liked
that idea. It's not fait that John Doe gets to play a Jedi simply because
he works from home and gets to play 8 hours a day. It's not fair that Jane
Doe gets to play a Jedi because she's in a guild of 100+ that can easily
give away hundreds of thousands of resources for grinding. So the develops
make jedi attainable for everyone. But alas, the constant holo grinding
breaks the Star Warsy feel of the game. So here come the Jedi Trials in
publish 10. Now everyone can become a Jedi or make their character Force
Sensitive.

It's what the majority wanted from the beginning, and yet the majority
complains about Jedi. As a developer, I would have shot myself in the head
a long time ago. Everyone likes to complain in this game. You pay $15 a
month to enjoy a game, not to gripe about it.

I'm out. This newsgroup is a hundred times worse than the Galaxies forums.
Have fun crying on each others shoulders.
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 1:06:23 PM

> "No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
>
> I'm out. This newsgroup is a hundred times worse than the Galaxies
forums.
> Have fun crying on each others shoulders.

You're kidding..right? I don't know what forums you are looking at, but you
are sadly mistaken if you think this newsgroup is worse than that. That
must be one hellacious set of blinders you have on.

I'm guessing that somewhere down the line, you must have a Jedi..since those
are the people who seem to argue the most about how "underpowered and
underbalanced" they are. Give me a break. I'm also assuming that you think
it's a good idea that Jedi can also run around with little or no resistance
from anyone. Hell, why shouldn't they be able to? I mean, according to the
Dev timeline of this game, it's supposed to be between Episodes 4 & 5.

Now, I might be wrong about this, but last time I watched the movies, I sure
as hell didn't see Jedi dueling each other at starports, or going around
killing TEF'ed or Overt players just for laughs. Whatever happened to them
supposedly hiding? Oh yeah, that's right..they pander to one player base
exclusively and try to push the Jedi propaganda on everyone to get new
subscribers.

This game isn't about Star Wars anymore, it's about how much money SOE and
Lucas can pump out before the game dies. And after the announcement this
week about the CB and GCW revamps being pushed back further and
further..that death may not be too far away. Not a chance JTL will save it,
no matter how good it is. Ground combat and the GCW should've been the #1
priority, and instead, they pushed through stuff for Droid Engineers (2
publishes), Image Designers (1 publish), and Jedi (2 publishes).

But I will give the Jedi whiners credit, they did get the CM's toned down a
bit.
!