I've decided to try and re-install XP Home. The Bios settings for
boot up are:
1st CD drive
2nd DVD drive
3rd A; floppy
Yet when I put the XP CD in the CD drive and then restart the PC it
just restarts Windows XP and ignores the CD drive. I guess I'm doing
something wrong, so can someone put me right on this. Thanks
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

Malke

Peter James wrote:

> I've decided to try and re-install XP Home. The Bios settings for
> boot up are:
> 1st CD drive
> 2nd DVD drive
> 3rd A; floppy
> Yet when I put the XP CD in the CD drive and then restart the PC it
> just restarts Windows XP and ignores the CD drive. I guess I'm doing
> something wrong, so can someone put me right on this. Thanks
> -
> Peter James
> Remove AT to reply

Try putting the XP disk in the other optical drive.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

There should be a message that is displayed for 5 seconds that says "press
any key to boot cd....." You must press a key or the next device will boot.
Check your BIOS to see if it has a setting called "Rapid Boot" or something
similar, or display logo. These setting sometimes cause you to miss the
"press any key to boot cd" message.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp