I am beginning a new character on a new server. Is it
possible to transfer credits from my old character, who
I am tired of, to my new one on a different server?

DK

Not that I'm aware of.

"Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message news:<40f71e82$0$28066$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com>...
> If the possibility of transferring characters, to other servers, is ever
> realized...then it would be possible. ATM, the only way I can think of
> doing that is finding someone with that amount of credits that you can trust
> on the server you want to transfer them to and the one you are transferring
> from and give them your credits and have their toon ....sheesh this is a
> run-on sentence.... nevermind. Basically say "I'll give you this many
> credits, on this server, if you'll give me that many credits on that
> server".

I'm sure I read somewhere that character transfers would be just that.

No credits. No Inventory.

i read in a potential update a while ago, that the devs thought about having
character migration. not sure if they did that or it went by the wayside.
i bet if they did they might make it a minimum time span before your next
jump.

Chris Pollard wrote:

> "Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message news:<40f71e82$0$28066$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com>...
>
>>If the possibility of transferring characters, to other servers, is ever
>>realized...then it would be possible. ATM, the only way I can think of
>>doing that is finding someone with that amount of credits that you can trust
>>on the server you want to transfer them to and the one you are transferring
>>from and give them your credits and have their toon ....sheesh this is a
>>run-on sentence.... nevermind. Basically say "I'll give you this many
>>credits, on this server, if you'll give me that many credits on that
>>server".
>>

> I'm sure I read somewhere that character transfers would be just that.
>
> No credits. No Inventory.
I think you can xfer you character to Test Server, I dunno about live
servers.

Mike

Splendid

You can tip across server boundaries, just as you can send tells
across server bounderies.

If you were on a different server and you wanted to tip a character
named
Darth Vader on the corbantis server here is how you would do it

/tip corbantis.darth 10000 bank

and if you wanted to ask Darth about the Dark Side

/tell corbantis.darth Hey how is that Dark side working out for you?

Hope this helps.

Mike

Dak

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003

Are you sure about that ? I've heard of cross server tells and cross server
emails - but not cross server tipping?

"dak" <kpec090981@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you sure about that ? I've heard of cross server tells and cross
server
> emails - but not cross server tipping?
>
> "Mike" <the_raftaman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > You can tip across server boundaries, just as you can send tells
> > across server bounderies.
> >
> > If you were on a different server and you wanted to tip a character
> > named
> > Darth Vader on the corbantis server here is how you would do it
> >
> > /tip corbantis.darth 10000 bank
> >
> > and if you wanted to ask Darth about the Dark Side
> >
> > /tell corbantis.darth Hey how is that Dark side working out for you?
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Mike

I tried it last night, and it didn't work.

"Tom Carman" <Tom_Carman@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> "dak" <kpec090981@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Are you sure about that ? I've heard of cross server tells and cross
> server
> > emails - but not cross server tipping?
> >
> > "Mike" <the_raftaman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > You can tip across server boundaries, just as you can send tells
> > > across server bounderies.
> > >
> > > If you were on a different server and you wanted to tip a character
> > > named
> > > Darth Vader on the corbantis server here is how you would do it
> > >
> > > /tip corbantis.darth 10000 bank
> > >
> > > and if you wanted to ask Darth about the Dark Side
> > >
> > > /tell corbantis.darth Hey how is that Dark side working out for you?
> > >
> > > Hope this helps.
> > >
> > > Mike
>
> I tried it last night, and it didn't work.

Its was an exploit that soe fixed