Widescreen Windows

IndigoMoss

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Alright, for the life of me I can't figure out how to make my windows stay in the "wide" position that I setup for them in Vista. Here's what I 'm talking about.

Normal:
NewBitmapImage-3.jpg

Wide:
NewBitmapImage2.jpg

I've tried to the "Apply to Folders" option in "Folder Options", but to no avail. I haven't been able to figure out a way to get it to work. I figured this would be the best place to post, because it deals with my display. By the way, I'm using a 720p HDTV as my main display, so the normal 4:3 1024x768 windows are really annoying, since they actually have higher vertical pixel height than my display.

IndigoMoss

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Actually, I do have one thing to add. Does anyone have issues with Vista Games Explorer?

This is what it does for me. It usually takes about 10 seconds to load if not longer, the first time I open it on a reboot (other folders are pretty instant).

It also picks a random view almost every single damn time. I'm not joking. I just opened it and it was in Icon view, when I just had it set to Box Art view.

One other thing to add, does anyone else hate the new "details" view? It was my default view in XP, but it's annoying as hell with the stupid stars and the clickable area for a file extending all the way to the end of the window.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with Vista, but damn, it does not handle windows very well (irony?)