Hi all,

I have the following specs-

Code:
Gigabyte DG31 motherboard
Intel core-2-duo e7200 processor
1*2GB Ram
A 600 watt power supply
Onboard Graphics

Now, I am planning to buy a Geforce 8800GT. But i learned that i won't be able to use its PCE-E 2 feature with my motherboard.

My questions are-

Code:
1. Is it necessary to buy a new motherboard for 8800GT? Will i suffer a great performance loss with the current motherboard while playing games like crysis?

2. What is the lowest priced motherboard around with PCI-E 2 support?

Also, i don't have much knowledge about cooling. All i know that a fan is attached with the processor and another cooler is located on the back of the casing. Is that enough? If it is not enough then please recommend something. And consider the lowest priced best option.
:D

[b]Thanks in advance.[/b]

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
You should gain alot of performance from the built-in VGA. You should be able to use the graphic card without an upgrade of the mainboard. The versions are just bandwidth performance while slot types are still the same

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
welcome. Forgot.. your question on gaming with Crysis - dont' expect much performance unless you OC your CPU. Crysis is a hog pfft... Never bothered with this game - Farcry2 will run fine with your rig. If its a new board you wish to upgrade try looking at the P35 or P45 chip - Asus/Gigabyte.
P35/45 chips are PCI-e 2.

tusku

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
But the processor is Core2duo 2.53 GHz. If i have 2gb ram and 8800gt in my current motherboard, why would Crysis show poor performance?
Can you explain please? [It would help me to learn though :p]

And, what about the last portion about cooling?

Thanks for your replies man.