tukulka

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Hi, I'm about to buy a new Monitor for my new pc.
I'm going like almost everyone in these days to an LCD 24''.
The purpose of this monitor should be: Gaming, and Photoshop / Premiere After Effect.

So I will need a fast monitor but also with good color reproduction.

I know it's full of good 24'' expensive that perform really well but i'm searching in the budget area.
I hope to find here someone who can give me some advice.
Thank you.

Some of the monitor I'm looking to:

BenQ G2400WD

Samsung SyncMaster 245B plus

LG Electronics Flatron W2452T-PF

Iiyama ProLite B2403WS-B1 (The best for gaming but seem poor in reproduction)

Dell UltraSharp E248WFP

Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM

p.s. At the moment I'm oriented in Samsung 2493HM

Bob_doleee

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
Your monitor completely dwarfs your tv. lol.

And does anyone have any experience with the HP w2408 24" monitors?

At the moment, i have a w1907, and its the nicest monior that i have ever used.

The w2408 is the same this, but just 5 inches bigger. If its anything like the w1907, then id highly reccomend spending the extra hundred and getting that one. Thats what i might do. :D

boffinboy

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008
I have the Iiyama and was concerned about lesser image quality with it being a TN screen etc. However it's cheap price swayed me. I have been very happy with the screen and to me the image/colour quality seems fine, I sit directly infront of the screen so have no problems with viewing angle. I haven't seen an IPS or VA screen to compare it to, but they aren't really available for the same price anyway! Reviews on the net such as http://www.behardware.com/articles/680-2/lcd-24-iiyama-b2403ws-samsung-245t.html suggest the colour reproduction is pretty good out of the box. I reccomend the monitor! - Boffinboy

SlicerX

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
Dell LCD's are not good... I own a 19' 4:3 Dell and a Samsung 19'. The Samsung is a 953bw and far outshines the dell. Got it for $200 at Office Max, couldn't be more happy with the resolution and contrast. Anything bigger than 19' and your gonna need a beast card to run things at full settings lol.

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
I own the Samsung SyncMaster 245B not the plus. But, as far as my eyes can see, the colours are spot on/very vivid and the brightness at max is blinding with no light bleeding. You can also physically move the screen to suit your position easily too. Tiz very rare to get screen tearing with vsync off whilst gaming. Also I think Samsung have a 'No dead pixel' policy.

All in all a happy user :).

*Edit* @ soldier37: I see you can't restrain from showing pics of your rig again :p tiz nice mind.

tukulka

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Maybe I should go to something like the LG W2600HP-BF - 26'' with S-IPS Panel.
What you think.
Will 26'' be good as the 24''?

Generally speaking, a 26" LCD monitor may not look as sharp as a 24" LCD monitor because the pixel and the spacing in between the pixels are a tiny, tiny fraction larger.

IPS panels typically offer better color reproduction and accuracy. They also have the widest viewing angle with miminal color shift, until you go to the more extreme angles.

One weakness it has (excluding the expensive price) is that blacks are subjectively not as good as the less expensive PVA/MVA. IPS panels sometimes have "crushed black" issues where dark colors are displayed slightly darker than the actual color. For example, on a scale of "black 0" is pure black and "black 255" is pure white, black 30 (a very dark grey) might be displayed as black 20.