delete favorite folder in outlook mail section

Hi,
I need to know how to get rid of the favorite folder in the mail section of
Outlook 2003. It show 2 foldiers favorite folders as well as the all mail
folder. I only need to keep the all mail folders the favorite folder has all
the same things that are in the all mail folders section. I use to have
these setting but unfortunately I had to reinstall everything in my computer
and I lost the settings that were there.

Thank you in advance

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:28:05 -0700, new office 2003 user wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to know how to get rid of the favorite folder in the mail section of
> Outlook 2003. It show 2 foldiers favorite folders as well as the all mail
> folder. I only need to keep the all mail folders the favorite folder has all
> the same things that are in the all mail folders section. I use to have
> these setting but unfortunately I had to reinstall everything in my computer
> and I lost the settings that were there.
>
> Thank you in advance

I typed "hide Favorites folder" into the help/search box for Outlook.
Office Help says that this portion of the folder list cannot be hidden,
removed or resized. You may want to ask this question in the Outlook
newsgroups though. Maybe someone over there has figured out a way to remove
or hide it.

FYI: The folders that show here are "virtual folders." They do not
represent duplicate mails. Instead each item is a filtered views of email
stored in your other folders.

You can remove a folder in the Favorites category by right clicking and
selecting "remove from Favorites list." Caveat: if removed from this list,
folders such as Unread Mail and For Follow Up have to be manually recreated
for them to appear here in the future. Use Office Help and read the topic
"Remove a folder from the Favorite Folders pane" for details.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User