• Wireless
  • Sony Vaio
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b F Wireless
December 27, 2010 3:58:52 PM

Hello,Im unable to see any wireless networks in my Vaio VGN-CR24.I uninstalled and installed new driver but its kind of wiered problem that momentarily it shows the wireless networks,when I connect to it all of them disappear.I'm so much pissed off with this behavior.Any ideas?

More about : sony vaio wireless connecting

a b \ Driver
December 28, 2010 1:25:34 PM

plug in the computer directly to the router or modem, see if you can get connected.
update anti virus and scan entire computer with anti virus.
replace CMOS battery, reload drivers with anti virus turned off.
repair install windows XP, reload drivers, if needed. See this forum, fourth post from the top for directions to REPAIR install.
m
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b F Wireless
January 8, 2011 4:25:00 PM

Quote:
Hello,Im unable to see any wireless networks in my Vaio VGN-CR24.I uninstalled and installed new driver but its kind of wiered problem that momentarily it shows the wireless networks,when I connect to it all of them disappear.I'm so much pissed off with this behavior.Any ideas?

Ok guys here's an update.I uninstalled the driver & reinstalled it.After a reboot I can see the available wireless networks.Now when I connect to my/any network,windows try to connect it but now it disappers I get a message that the network you are trying to connect is unavailable.When I refresh the network list surprisingly there are no networks available now.
In a nutshell the networks are there only when I reinstall them & access for the first time,rest of the time its all gone.
Have tried everything checking for antivirus/windows update etc but there's no way out.
Any views on this ??

Edit:D Irectly plugged the LAN cable & that is connecting,now what could be the proble??
m
l
a b \ Driver
January 8, 2011 5:11:04 PM

Don't tear into your computer too far as stated above. You have a problem with the wifi, so work on the wifi.
Your wireless router may have a power output setting that is set to minimum, or it's antenna is bad, or you are on a channel also in use nearby from another router. Lots of things make wifi not work.

Get a good wifi tool to see what is out there. One I like is
WifiHopper.
It shows a lot of good information including exactly how weak/strong your signal is, channel in use, other wifi networks that aren't broadcasting their SSID and more. Get it and use it. When using wifi hopper, the Windows zero configuration utility must be disabled (only one program at a time can manage wifi connections) so uncheck the box that says to allow Windows to manage wireless connections in Windows connection manager properties.
m
l