Intel's and AMD's NDA

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Does anybody know when they are going to be lifted? Im sick of cpuz shots with extreme overclocks and volts. But most of all im sick of brand loyal fanboys speculating/making stuff up. Im just looking for the real performance/reviews/breakdowns of these cpus.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Huh? Generally,a Phenom to Yorkfield is a ~10/11,Phenom to Penryn 10/12,when it comes to gaming,and that's usually the biggest difference. However,the Phenom's take a little more energy than both due to an inefficient die design.

randomizer

Champion

Maybe I'm just thicker than a prison wall, but what were you trying to say with those numbers? :heink:

yipsl

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
He was commenting on the performance of AMD vs. Intel right now. I take it you were referring to NDA's relating to Deneb and Nehalem? Well Nehalem will be out by mid November and we'll see reviews at all the reputable sites.

Deneb will be out in December. I don't have exact release dates. AM3 Denebs will be out in January with the new motherboards. The first reviews of Deneb should be of the limited run Denebs with AM2 support for upgrading 790 boards.

It will be an interesting winter, but it's still a month away for Intel and anywhere from a month and a half to two months away for AMD. Be patients and take every CPU-Z screenshot with a shaker of salt until reviews are out.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
I think the 10 refers (in totally arbitrary units) to phenom's performance, and the 11 and later 12 refers to the Yorkie and penryn's performance. Although thats a purely subjective comparison....