So, just built this amazing new computer. Have an HD4870 in it. I installed catalys 8.8 drivers, and restarted. So, expecting to have a reconized VGA, i was all hunky dorey. I here the sound fo vista starting up, i see the loading bar.but then..nothing. blackness.
I ended up having to go into safe mode, and uninstall the drivers.
EDIT: SOLUTION! I finaly found the solution to this problem> i guess alot of people are having this problem, but i havent seen any crop up here. anyways, ill copy and paste what i found:
1. Used the DVI to RGB Adapater and connected my display via RGB cable with my Radeon.
2. Started Vista with installed driver and no singal loss
3. Opened CCC to check "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays"
4. Didnt found the option, so i unplugged RGB and plugged in DVI cable while Vista was running and i got a signal to the display via DVI.
5. NOW there is an option "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays" in CCC i check it rebootet and still i get a signal via DVI but another problem accured, if i changed resolution i couldnt change it back (e.g. startet Warcraft 3 in 800x600 display res changed but as i stoped the game windows res was still 800x600 and i couldnt change it back to 1650x1050) so i went into CCC and unchecked "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays" again. Rebootet and still was getting signal + res change works now. (So i cannot confirm if its its really necessary to check "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays" or if the RGB/DVI cable switch while Vista was running did fix it on its own.)
this is after ive restarted. i install them, when theyve finished i reboot. then when its starting back up i get the loading bar, and then my monitor searches for a signal before finaly going into sleep mode
hheehh. im getting put out by this now. ive removed every blasted thing that has ATI in the name. ive installed 8.8 REPEATEDLY.
it starts up but nothing shows
I here my programs start up.
but nothing shows.
Is this the card?
is it the drivers?
is it cpu or anything?
edit: Im looking at the bios for my board now. the latest one it says the following for description:
1. Fixed system can not display with some Graphic card.
2. Optimized system O.C. function.
3. Fixed on board audio record function.
4. Fixed “Execute Disable Bit” function fail.
5. added ABS O.C. feature.
6. Fixed USB keyboard fail to hot key to reload CMOS.
7. Added hot key "End" to load optimized default.
I`m thinking that the display issue might be the reason why this is happening. thoughts?
edit 2: i give up. ive tried following the instructions on the site on how to flash the bios but im getting a assload of errors when formatting/running the floppy. read head error, windows error N.5