Motherboard Doesn't fit?

elitezero

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I just got a cm 690 and the case looks great, lots of fans and very roomy.

I also bought a GA-EP35-DS3L/S3L for my motherboard. Yet when I attempted to install the motherboard It seemed the screws did not align with the case. This made me very frustrated.
Do I need to buy another motherboard for my case? And if so which one, sub 100 please.

killyou400p

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
My motherboard isnt really aligned with my case either. You have to give it a push, and it will work fine, your mobo will not get damaged.
If its really off, then you have a problem.

helios2052

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
That motherboard is ATX standard and the case supports ATX and micro ATX, so it should work.

Make sure you take out the default spacers and only install them in your case where there is a corresponding hole on the motherboard.

Generally, the backplate that comes with the MB has little springs on it. This can sometimes make it hard to align your MB with the right holes. Make sure the backplate is fully seated in the case. If it seems like there is still too much resistance from these it's OK to bend them a bit by hand to loosen them up.

Your case and MB are quite compatible.

elitezero

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Thanks guys, I got it to fit. Just applied a little force. Ive another question though.

Yesterday I installed my processor into my motherboard (its an intel E2200). When I thought that my case and motherboard wern't compatible I removed the processor and placed it back in its box.
Now that the thermal paste is a day old do I need to go out and buy some more thermal paste or is the intel stock thermal paste still useable.

Thanks