Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can this PSU handel my new system?

Last response: in Components
Share
October 12, 2008 9:12:08 PM

Im asking because some people say I need more PSU others say I don't. Ill list my build here and the PSU im going to use.

I would appreciate if you could tell me if ill be able to use all the components with out ruining my computer.

Would help substantially since I plan on building this system on the 15th. Its my first time building a computer so any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance :) 


PSU----- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


CD drive----- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Hard drive----- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Video card----- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Case----- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Memory----- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Motherboard------ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Processor------ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


CPU cooler------ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


wireless adapter----- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Operating system-------- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : psu handel system

October 12, 2008 9:40:09 PM

It should be fine. Now, obviously it won't be enough for crossfire, but it should be able to run that.
October 12, 2008 9:48:23 PM

you'd be cutting it VERY close but i think that would be suffiecient. i could add up the approximate ammount of wattage that is and give you a better analysis if youd like
Related resources
October 12, 2008 9:58:01 PM

rambo117 said:
you'd be cutting it VERY close but i think that would be suffiecient. i could add up the approximate ammount of wattage that is and give you a better analysis if youd like


If you have the time then I would greatly appreciate it :wahoo: 


a b ) Power supply
October 12, 2008 10:00:55 PM

I'm clueless about the wireless adapter.

The rest of the build is absolutely excellent. The PSU is powerful enough. The minimum recommendation for that card, even with a quad CPU, is 650W and you got 750W.

You may want to add the retention bracket for the HDT-S1283.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233019

Personally I'd rather get the $320 Q9550 than the $270 E8600. It's more future-proof and it even comes with a game.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115041
a b ) Power supply
October 12, 2008 10:03:14 PM

I forgot to mention: the 750TX is plenty for your system as it is with one HD 4870X2, but it won't be enough for two such cards. I wouldn't even use it for HD 4870 X2 + HD 4870. If you're thinking of adding a second card later, get a Corsair 1000HX. If one card is enough for you, the GA-X48-DS4 is overkill and you could save $100 or so with a GA-EP45-DS3R or a P5Q Pro.
a b ) Power supply
October 12, 2008 10:08:29 PM

OK, one more. Here are the requirements for the Visiontek HD 4870 X2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129114&Tpk=Visiontek%20HD%204870%20X2

Quote:
System Requirements 650 Watt or greater power supply with one 2x3-pin PCIe® power connector and one 2x4-pin PCIe power connector is required (1K Watt with two 2x3-pin and two 2x4-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode)



BTW, I'd pay $550 for Visiontek rather than $520 for Diamond. Better reputation and warranties.
October 12, 2008 10:40:32 PM

More then enough power.
=]
October 12, 2008 11:16:18 PM

ok, never mind my earlier warning, you should still have at least 100-200watts to spare at peak system load. i think that 750watts should be just enough for you unless you crossfire that rig with a second 4870x2... then you might be in trouble. if you would like to go to the site that i found my PSU calculations, it is found here: http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine
October 12, 2008 11:18:56 PM

aevm said:
I forgot to mention: the 750TX is plenty for your system as it is with one HD 4870X2, but it won't be enough for two such cards. I wouldn't even use it for HD 4870 X2 + HD 4870. If you're thinking of adding a second card later, get a Corsair 1000HX. If one card is enough for you, the GA-X48-DS4 is overkill and you could save $100 or so with a GA-EP45-DS3R or a P5Q Pro.


Thanks for the good advice. I went with the P5Q Pro motherboard and saved me enough $ to get another 4 gigs of the same ram total 8gigs :D 

Also I had the retention bracket for the HDT-S1283 just forgot to add it on the page ;) 
October 12, 2008 11:22:37 PM

rambo117 said:
ok, never mind my earlier warning, you should still have at least 100-200watts to spare at peak system load. i think that 750watts should be just enough for you unless you crossfire that rig with a second 4870x2... then you might be in trouble. if you would like to go to the site that i found my PSU calculations, it is found here: http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine


Good to know and thank you for the link.
!