Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to install dual channel?

Last response: in Memory
Share
November 12, 2008 8:40:33 AM

My dimm are in this order. A1, B1, A2, B2. Both A1 and B1 are yellow while A2, B2 is black. Should i install my ram on A1, A2 or A1, B1, for dual channel? I cant follow instruction manual cause theres a mistake in there. My mobo is M2N68.

More about : install dual channel

a c 128 } Memory
November 12, 2008 9:36:14 AM

Dual channel slots are color coded. Just pick a pair, or two. Use the same size and speed modules. White id markings will identify the slot numbers, or just check the manual.
November 12, 2008 9:41:08 AM

A1 + B1
Related resources
February 23, 2012 10:01:34 PM

I have one transcend 4gb ddr3 at 1333 MHz,and one Kingston 4gb ddr3 at 1333 MHz...can I put those two to work in dual channel?
February 25, 2012 3:54:23 AM

UserName_92 said:
I have one transcend 4gb ddr3 at 1333 MHz,and one Kingston 4gb ddr3 at 1333 MHz...can I put those two to work in dual channel?


Same size and same speed. I would say YES.
Make sure your motherboard supports those brands/DIMMs specifically though, that may or may not be an issue. But, you probably won't have any problems.
February 25, 2012 8:07:44 AM

I need to ask this, I'm going to install 4 x 2gb on my mb.
Dimm slot colors go orange-green-orange-green, which I find a little strange..
So how to install and and activate dual channel properly?

Board is K9N SLI V2.
February 25, 2012 10:18:45 AM

trem12 said:
I need to ask this, I'm going to install 4 x 2gb on my mb.
Dimm slot colors go orange-green-orange-green, which I find a little strange..
So how to install and and activate dual channel properly?

Board is K9N SLI V2.


Assuming all your RAM is the same size (2GB each, I know) and the same speed (???) and same voltage (???)
You just need to put them all in... and it should be automatic. If not, check your bios for an option and enable it.
February 25, 2012 12:13:10 PM

rex000 said:
Assuming all your RAM is the same size (2GB each, I know) and the same speed (???) and same voltage (???)
You just need to put them all in... and it should be automatic. If not, check your bios for an option and enable it.


Well I'll just shove em all in then and hope for the best.

And yes, they are all the same. Kingston valueram 2gb 800mhz cl5.
But... I'm curious, 3 of them has Elpida chips and 1 has Kingston, should I be worried? :p 
February 25, 2012 7:13:11 PM

trem12 said:
Well I'll just shove em all in then and hope for the best.

And yes, they are all the same. Kingston valueram 2gb 800mhz cl5.
But... I'm curious, 3 of them has Elpida chips and 1 has Kingston, should I be worried? :p 


I don't think soo...... give it a try... then run some tests like memtest86+ and figure it out...
August 30, 2012 10:58:06 AM

It is dependent on the motherboard, AS WELL AS, the windows bit you are using. I have an AsRock Pro3-M Motherboard, after reading through the manual properly, I found out that windows 32-bit limits the ram to under 4 gigs. But 64-bit has no limitations. Maybe it's the windows your using, try upgrading to windows 64-bit.
!