Newbie help: Change user on my palm IIIc

December 9, 2004 8:56:35 PM

I bought a used Palm IIIc, and when I hotsync, it has the old user's
name on the sync process.
Not that it's a big deal, but I'd like to use my name instead of some
one else (it's easier to remember :-)

How do I get rid of it? I'm running OS 3.5.

Thanx

Tho
December 10, 2004 12:45:45 AM

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:56:35 -0600, "Tho X. Bui"
<blahx3@earthlink.net> removed the duct tape and proclaimed:

>I bought a used Palm IIIc, and when I hotsync, it has the old user's
>name on the sync process.
>Not that it's a big deal, but I'd like to use my name instead of some
>one else (it's easier to remember :-)
>
>How do I get rid of it? I'm running OS 3.5.
>
>Thanx
>
>Tho

Try this: In Palm Desktop, open the Tools menu, then Users. Select
your Palm user name (there should be just one), and click Rename.
Enter a name, save it, then sync your Palm.

This works for newer models. I hope it works for you.

--
I put 2 and 2 together and got 22.
!