Asus Rampage Formula

I REALLY like the layout and features of this board, and Im wondering if anyone here uses it. Im planning on buying it, but Im hoping to find a deal on Black Friday. Right now its retailing for $288, but Ive learned that you dont skimp on a mobo, and you try to go for the best ones for the price. Does anyone know of an equal to the Rampage Formula? Like another mobo? Cuz if there is a better mobo for less money, then Id love to know! Just let me know what you think, thanks. Foxx
7 answers Last reply
More about asus rampage formula
  1. I'm buying this motherboard tomorrow, I've done so much reading on this board that I could write a book about it and call it "ASUS Rampage for dummies". what GPU(s) are you using with it? And are you gonna crossfire?
  2. Sweeeet! Sounds like weve done the same! After EVERYTHING I read it seemed that no mobo even touched this one. I think it will give me good life until DDR3 is cheap, but even then I may still keep the mobo for awhile. Im putting an Evga 9800GT in it for now, and then when I can get 2 HD4870s for a good price, Ill CF it. :)
  3. ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA is a solid DDR2 board however u may want to consider ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA too,its a DDR2 board but its a X38 chipset and the difference between X38 and X48 isn't much.
  4. I'm using this board.... Lovin it everyday. Rock solid - awesome performance. Voltage for OCing are stable. My previous board was the Abit Quad GT ix38 - I was not able to OC my q6600 to 3.6 stable. Only got 3.2 - and I've spent 2 days on it. Got the rampage - upped the voltage, tested with 450x8..... a bit of tweaking = 3.6Ghz... w00t!! all that in 2 hours :D
    You wouldn't regret this board, although i wish theres a way to cool the n/b though.. but my temps are ok soo... pffft..
  5. Zecow said:
    I'm using this board.... Lovin it everyday. Rock solid - awesome performance. Voltage for OCing are stable. My previous board was the Abit Quad GT ix38 - I was not able to OC my q6600 to 3.6 stable. Only got 3.2 - and I've spent 2 days on it. Got the rampage - upped the voltage, tested with 450x8..... a bit of tweaking = 3.6Ghz... w00t!! all that in 2 hours :D
    You wouldn't regret this board, although i wish theres a way to cool the n/b though.. but my temps are ok soo... pffft..

Hey ZeCow, what settings did you put you BIOS on and what did you OC your Q6600 too? can you help me achieve 3.4GHz? should I just put the FSB to 400, and the CPU voltages 1.4? what else do I do?

thanks so much man
  6. With my ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA i managed to OC my Q6600 to 3.4 too :D with 1.425 voltage and 378MHZ FSB with default multi (9x)
  7. @ZeCow. I read that you can install a chipset heatsink and fan on the n/b. Is this true? Because, like you Ive read that the n/b gets hot, so I was planning on installing an aftermarket heatsink onto it. Is this possible?
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Formula Rampage