How can an employee tell if company is monitoring wireless traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcman_85

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I know our company is monitoring the workstations (Desktops) connected to the WAN. They recently installed a program called "LogMeIn". What I'm unsure about whether they are able to monitor traffic on an unsecured wireless network setup at our outlying workstation and if they are able then how could the employee tell and or block it?

I'm pretty much a novice at this forum posting thing so if this question is to elementary for the crowd could someone suggest a more appropriate website to post it?

Thanks,

Arcman

ann-monitoring

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011

This blog has a comparison of software for monitoring screenshots.
Desktop monitoring software has a capture screenshots from your desktop activities, This can keep track all the desktops in your network and can also monitor and record how much time you spent on a certain website

ender2003

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
As a side note, LogMeIn is not a monitoring tool. It is a remote support tool.

As others have stated, it is generally company policy to monitor all network traffic, wired and wireless. In that case, there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. This sounds more like a question about circumventing controls and security measures. Sorry.

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I would have to agree, if they have a monitoring system and block certain websites there isn't much you can do about it. Anything using that network (wired or wireless) would usually have the same restrictions. For example if you are accessing the internet at my work on your Iphone, the same sites are blocked as if you tried them on your desktop.

Are there ways to get to those blocked sites anyway? Yes, but I'm not about to explain how as i would think that would be frowned upon here.

Status
Not open for further replies.