Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cannot delete itunes

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
December 29, 2010 2:46:20 PM

Hello,
I cannot delete itunes. My computer's excuse is that it cannot find the installer or something like that. I downloaded an uninstall program but got beat also.
Any other ideas out there.
Thank you.

More about : delete itunes

December 30, 2010 12:14:22 PM

tequila jo said:
Hello,
I cannot delete itunes. My computer's excuse is that it cannot find the installer or something like that. I downloaded an uninstall program but got beat also.
Any other ideas out there.
Thank you.

Have you tried manually deleting the folder in Windows Explorer? If that works, you can then download Ccleaner and get rid of the leftovers.
hourb12
m
0
l
Related resources
December 30, 2010 4:03:39 PM

hourb12 said:
Have you tried manually deleting the folder in Windows Explorer? If that works, you can then download Ccleaner and get rid of the leftovers.
hourb12

Did that but the programs still show up in the add/remove list.
m
0
l
December 30, 2010 7:05:01 PM

What is the exact error message?
m
0
l
December 30, 2010 9:59:14 PM

aford10 said:
What is the exact error message?

I cannot remember for sure, I have read so many error messages and have given up for awhile. Amessge I remember kind of, which came up the most was an error saying something like it could not find the path to a quicktime or itunes or bonjour"m.s.i." file. The first message it gives me when I try to add/remove is; The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package quicktime.msi Then another error message comes up which says The installation source for this product is not available.
I just tried the add/remove way and those were the messages. I cannot remember the ones going through the revo uninstall way.
I went to search and find feature and deleted all the stuff but they still show up in "programs intalled".
Driving me nuts!!!!!!!
m
0
l
December 30, 2010 11:08:57 PM

Boot into safe mode with networking. Download, and install ccleaner.
http://www.piriform.com/

Run the registry tool to clear up the registry issues. You may need to run this several times to resolve all the issues.

Then use the ccleaner uninstaller, or revo uninstaller to try and uninstall itunes.
m
0
l
December 31, 2010 2:59:12 PM

aford10 said:
Boot into safe mode with networking. Download, and install ccleaner.
http://www.piriform.com/

Run the registry tool to clear up the registry issues. You may need to run this several times to resolve all the issues.

Then use the ccleaner uninstaller, or revo uninstaller to try and uninstall itunes.


How do I boot into safe mode with networking. I am pretty computer illiterate.
m
0
l
December 31, 2010 3:31:24 PM

Tap F8 repeatedly on startup. That will bring up the advanced boot menu. You can select safe mode with networking from there.
m
0
l
December 31, 2010 5:24:22 PM

aford10 said:
Tap F8 repeatedly on startup. That will bring up the advanced boot menu. You can select safe mode with networking from there.


OK, I am going to attempt to do this now. Will I be able to communicate with you while my computer is in safe mode. I am in Santa Fe, NM. Where are you?
m
0
l
December 31, 2010 5:47:42 PM

Yes, if you boot into safe mode with networking, you will still have networking services, and be able to get online.

I'm in Michigan. (unfortunately)
m
0
l
December 31, 2010 10:49:04 PM

aford10 said:
Yes, if you boot into safe mode with networking, you will still have networking services, and be able to get online.

I'm in Michigan. (unfortunately)


Thanks for the reply. I have been cooking allday for our party tomorrow with a high temperature of 20 degrees.
I will attempt this on Sunday or Monday.
Thank you.
Hope you have a good new year.
m
0
l
January 3, 2011 5:07:51 PM

OK, here goes.
m
0
l
January 3, 2011 6:00:10 PM



OK I am in safe mode, followed your instructions except for the mistake of "cleaning" before I ran the registry tool. Then I went to uninstall and I got the same message in response to uninstalling-bonjour-itunes and quicktime. The response in a Windows Install box.
The windows Installer Service could noy be accessed. This can occur if you are running in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support.
What to do now? I appreciate your help.
m
0
l
!