How to run a batch file upon logging off

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers Wrote:
> Pro only: Create a logoff script, add it to the group policy editor
> (start/run gpedit.msc). Add to User Config/Windows Settings/scripts.
Thank you for your reply.

To answer Sparda, I am using Windows XP Pro, 2002.

Rick, can you please suggest an appropriate script-tutorial for the
type of script necessary? I will look around, but I am not sure I'll
easily find what you have in mind.

--
domvex

Hi,

Not my strongest suit either, but here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/guide/sas_vbs_overview.mspx

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"domvex" <domvex.1ujudn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers Wrote:
>> Pro only: Create a logoff script, add it to the group policy editor
>> (start/run gpedit.msc). Add to User Config/Windows Settings/scripts.
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> To answer Sparda, I am using Windows XP Pro, 2002.
>
> Rick, can you please suggest an appropriate script-tutorial for the
> type of script necessary? I will look around, but I am not sure I'll
> easily find what you have in mind.
>

> domvex Wrote:
>> Hello. I have a batch file which backs up about 500kb of data to floppy
>> disk.
>>
>> What I want is to make this batch file run automatically whenever I log
>> off my user account. I did not see a Task Scheduler option for what I
>> want to do (did I miss it?). Your help is appreciated!
>>

>> upon searching this forum for \"task run log off\", i was informed that
>> \"the following words are either very common, too long, or too short and
>> were not included in your search: run, log, off\". so, i figured i could
>> not go wrong listing this question among \"the basics.\"
>

> --
> domvex

Batch files are OK.

If XP Pro, use Group Policy.

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Scripts
(Startup/Shutdown)

Local Computer Policy\User Configuration\Windows Settings\Scripts
(Logon/Logoff)

%windir%\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown
C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown

%windir%\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Startup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Startup

To assign computer shutdown scripts
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/gptext_assigncomputershutdownscripts.mspx

More info
http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&View=en-us&s=6&c=0&qu=Scripts%20(Startup/Shutdown

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:domvex.1ujudn@pcbanter.net,
domvex <domvex.1ujudn@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
> Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers Wrote:
>> Pro only: Create a logoff script, add it to the group policy editor
>> (start/run gpedit.msc). Add to User Config/Windows Settings/scripts.
>> Thank you for your reply.
>
> To answer Sparda, I am using Windows XP Pro, 2002.
>
> Rick, can you please suggest an appropriate script-tutorial for the
> type of script necessary? I will look around, but I am not sure I'll
> easily find what you have in mind.
>

> domvex Wrote:
>> Hello. I have a batch file which backs up about 500kb of data to floppy
>> disk.
>>
>> What I want is to make this batch file run automatically whenever I log
>> off my user account. I did not see a Task Scheduler option for what I
>> want to do (did I miss it?). Your help is appreciated!
>>

>> upon searching this forum for \"task run log off\", i was informed that
>> \"the following words are either very common, too long, or too short and
>> were not included in your search: run, log, off\". so, i figured i could
>> not go wrong listing this question among \"the basics.\"
>

> --
> domvex

Latest posts