Finally Phenom II X4 955 at 4.01GHz on air

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
i got my Phenom II X4 955 to over 4.0 GHz on air, i think i can get more when i get a better cooler

1253748070_1_FT0_valid1_.png

paranoidmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
You got it to 4ghz or it passed Prime95 at 4ghz?? Big difference.

Tom's test indicate that anything over 3.8 is a waste of power because the performance increase is negligable.

It was a waste for them because they had to raise the voltages a lot to get the extra 200MHz. If you can get to 4 GHz without much extra voltage it will be worth it.

slickncghia

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
why do theese threads always turn into witch hunts?

oh and try Linpac (linx) its more of a demanding stress test than prime95 and it only takes like 5mins. mine was passing prime but when i ran linx i had to up the voltage a bit more to make it 100% stable.

linx is the ned "benchmark" for stability. prime 95 is good for determening maximum likely temps though

Cheers to the OP for a good overclock! Look forward to the Prime95 screens. Good luck!
Crashed didn't it? :)
I don't know if you guys are just giving the guy a hard time, are jealous, or are just a couple of jacka$$es, but at the very least you could give the OP some credit...
Let the flames begin!

why do theese threads always turn into witch hunts?
Because we're dealing with a bunch of children with e-peen and Mommy issues.

Jealous? Are you serious? Whats to be jealous about? I changed 3 settings in the bios and i was at 4ghz. :lol:

Oh, I see! So rather than give the OP some props for achieving the same OC as you, you'd rather give him the business and $hit on his post.

Hitting 4GHz on air and w/o LN2 with an X4 955 is a greater accomplishment than hitting 4GHz on a D0 stepping i7 920. And, not for nothing, but I changed one setting on in the BIOS of my ASRock X58 Extreme and got my D0 i7 920 to 4GHz too, so...go $hit in your hat and pull it over your ears!

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Okay this is getting pathetic. YOU CAN OVERCLOCK MOST PHENOM II PROCESSORS ABOVE 4.0 GHZ and GET IT TO DISPLAY ON CPUID.. The only issue is that they won't be stable at all.

What is stable? it means whenever you run under a full 100% CPU load, on all cores that it will continue to run at that for a WHILE without either A) Crashing due to voltage settings being incorrect or B) Burning your mobo or cpu because you hit 75c+....

Like you said Chunkymonster, 4.0 ghz on a Phenom II quad core on air is a feat which is why we're asking for proof. Obviously he doesn't have proof.... In fact he was photoshopping.

Note how he was using 1.36v on one CPU-Z (middle), then on the second (bottom left one) it says 1.38v.
Wonder why if his setup was stable there was a difference of .02v...

This would be a correct benchmark recording. Notice how nothing variates, all the voltages/clocks/multipliers are the same.

Benchmark29Sep2009.jpg

We are on the same page. I too agree that proof is required. If he was/is photo-shopping then the OP deserves to water-boarded and then into stock and chains and put on public display for all the kiddies to throw rotten tomatoes at. However, asking for proof is par for the course but giving the OP $hit for no good reason (as some posters did) is not.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

Obviously the OP is a fool who is probably overclocking his first setup, then having the audacity to pretend to be a "pro" overclocker. Any experience overclocker will give PROOF in the form of stability tests before bragging about his overclock.

Also no one gave him the business for no reason. Everyone criticized him for either A) Not knowing crap (CPUID isnt Prime95) or B) Talking nonsense when he had no proof.

If we lived in a world where people believe what others say (without proof), we well wouldnt be anywhere would we? Just look at what the scientific method has done for us, massive amounts of technological feats done in just a few hundred years compared to what we did for thousands not using the scientific method.

On second thought there is that imaginary crap which millions of people believe in... :eek: I said it.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006

well well well, what the apps are reporting is incorrect CPU-z always reports wrong, and I would NOT have done this overclock without doing an 8 hour run on prime, I have overclocked a few set ups, if you are unhappy then go elsewhere, the fact is this 4GHz on AIR and prime stable, want and 8 hour video on it, nah you are not worth proving too

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Really? Thats why you didn't even know that Prime95 wasn't CPU-Z? Seriously dude you dont have to prove anything to anyone, but whenever you go posting on a forum saying you hit 4ghz on air, it raises eyebrows. Prove it, or just dont post about your overclock.

Psh if only I could enter overclocking competitions without proof..
"Yesh 9.2 ghz on AMD Phenom II running on imagination, with prime rib stable."