Windows CE 2.0 (HP 360LX) and ICQ

December 11, 2004 12:44:19 AM

Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct group to ask that question.
If not, please let me know where I can ask.

I have managed to have network access on my HP 360LX (Windows
CE 2.0) palmtop by installing WinCE2.0 SP1 and the Network
Service Pack as offered by HPCFactor.

I can access the Internet now using IE and an Accton EN2216
PCMCIA Ethernet card.

Well, now I wanted to configure ICQ on the palmtop. I
downloaded the Windows CE ICQ client which is available on
www.icq.com and installed it, entered my ICQ number and
password, and then ICQ wanted to register my info with the ICQ
server:

"Registering User" then, after a while
"Registering User, Trying Configuration #1"
"Registering User, Trying Configuration #2"
and so on (until #4 or 5).
Then it aborts and says "Can't establish connection".

I have a DSL router with NAT for internet access, but have
configured it to direct ports 24500-24505 to the device on
which ICQ runs (in order to make ICQ work in the NAT). On a
laptop this works perfectly.

So does anyone know why this doesn't work on the palmtop?

I also tried it with changing the server name
"icq.mirabilis.com" to "icq2.mirabilis.com" as suggested on an
ICQ discussion board.

Thanks a lot!

daniel

More about : windows 360lx icq

Anonymous
December 11, 2004 3:28:44 PM

It's not, probably good to look somewhere to do with "pocket PC", this group
is about Palm OS devices

"Daniel" <ldh003@epost.de> wrote in message
Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct group to ask that question.
If not, please let me know where I can ask.
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 6:40:11 PM

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:28:44 -0500, "Lone Bard" <barry.k@sympatic.ca>
wrote:

>It's not, probably good to look somewhere to do with "pocket PC", this group
>is about Palm OS devices

The HP 360 is not a Pocket PC. It's way older than them (well, "way
older" in technology years).

>"Daniel" <ldh003@epost.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>I don't know if this is the correct group to ask that question.
>If not, please let me know where I can ask.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118
www.penfact.com
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 6:40:12 PM

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:44:19 +0200, Daniel <ldh003@epost.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I don't know if this is the correct group to ask that question.
>If not, please let me know where I can ask.
>
>I have managed to have network access on my HP 360LX (Windows
>CE 2.0) palmtop by installing WinCE2.0 SP1 and the Network
>Service Pack as offered by HPCFactor.

Chris De Herrera's site has many FAQs. One of them may help:
http://www.cewindows.net/faqs.htm

The following is probably a better newsgroup.
comp.os.ms-windows.ce

>I can access the Internet now using IE and an Accton EN2216
>PCMCIA Ethernet card.
>
>Well, now I wanted to configure ICQ on the palmtop. I
>downloaded the Windows CE ICQ client which is available on
>www.icq.com and installed it, entered my ICQ number and
>password, and then ICQ wanted to register my info with the ICQ
>server:
>
>"Registering User" then, after a while
>"Registering User, Trying Configuration #1"
>"Registering User, Trying Configuration #2"
>and so on (until #4 or 5).
>Then it aborts and says "Can't establish connection".
>

>I have a DSL router with NAT for internet access, but have
>configured it to direct ports 24500-24505 to the device on
>which ICQ runs (in order to make ICQ work in the NAT). On a
>laptop this works perfectly.
>
>So does anyone know why this doesn't work on the palmtop?
>
>I also tried it with changing the server name
>"icq.mirabilis.com" to "icq2.mirabilis.com" as suggested on an
>ICQ discussion board.
>
>Thanks a lot!
>
>daniel

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118
www.penfact.com
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 9:28:27 PM

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:40:12 -0500, r_z_aret@pen_fact.com wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:44:19 +0200, Daniel <ldh003@epost.de> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I don't know if this is the correct group to ask that question.
>>If not, please let me know where I can ask.
>>
>>I have managed to have network access on my HP 360LX (Windows
>>CE 2.0) palmtop by installing WinCE2.0 SP1 and the Network
>>Service Pack as offered by HPCFactor.
>
>Chris De Herrera's site has many FAQs. One of them may help:
>http://www.cewindows.net/faqs.htm
>
>The following is probably a better newsgroup.
>comp.os.ms-windows.ce

And the following is probably even better:
microsoft.public.handheldpc

>>I can access the Internet now using IE and an Accton EN2216
>>PCMCIA Ethernet card.
>>
>>Well, now I wanted to configure ICQ on the palmtop. I
>>downloaded the Windows CE ICQ client which is available on
>>www.icq.com and installed it, entered my ICQ number and
>>password, and then ICQ wanted to register my info with the ICQ
>>server:
>>
>>"Registering User" then, after a while
>>"Registering User, Trying Configuration #1"
>>"Registering User, Trying Configuration #2"
>>and so on (until #4 or 5).
>>Then it aborts and says "Can't establish connection".
>>

>>I have a DSL router with NAT for internet access, but have
>>configured it to direct ports 24500-24505 to the device on
>>which ICQ runs (in order to make ICQ work in the NAT). On a
>>laptop this works perfectly.
>>
>>So does anyone know why this doesn't work on the palmtop?
>>
>>I also tried it with changing the server name
>>"icq.mirabilis.com" to "icq2.mirabilis.com" as suggested on an
>>ICQ discussion board.
>>
>>Thanks a lot!
>>
>>daniel

>To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
>
>Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
>PenFact, Inc.
>500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
>Boston, MA 02118