double clicking left mouse button does not open file

When I double click using the left mouse button the file does not open.
Instead the seach screen comes up. This has just started happing lately. How
could I remedy this situation.

Thank you

Arthur

That's a nasty bug ...but fixable ... go here
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Load the VBS script 'SEARCH
OPENS WHEN DOUBLE CLICKING A FOLDER" This will solve your problem. OR just
goto START>RUN (type) REGSVR32 /i SHELL32.DLL

bigrigrollerphantom909" <bigrigrollerphantom909@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:D216BEC8-5F0E-45D5-8316-5ECC1D76E6CC@microsoft.com...
> When I double click using the left mouse button the file does not open.
> Instead the seach screen comes up. This has just started happing lately.
> How
> could I remedy this situation.
>
> Thank you

Fixes the problem where Search or Command Prompt opens
when double clicking a folder © Doug Knox
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:0C403E1C-18A7-4561-8743-1CF99FD2EAAF@microsoft.com,
bigrigrollerphantom909 <bigrigrollerphantom909@discussions.microsoft.com>
hunted and pecked:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D216BEC8-5F0E-45D5-8316-5ECC1D76E6CC@microsoft.com,
bigrigrollerphantom909 <bigrigrollerphantom909@discussions.microsoft.com>
hunted and pecked:
> When I double click using the left mouse button the file does not open.
> Instead the seach screen comes up. This has just started happing lately.
> How could I remedy this situation.
>
> Thank you

feodoric

Honorable
Man, you saved my day!!! Thanks a million. THis is the kind of help I appreciate. You have my blessings!

quotemsg=114801,2,22582]Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)