Ok, basically I would like someone to review my build and tell me about improvements etc.
Processor- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor -$195 US.
Mobo- DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R ATX Intel Motherboard -$179 US.
RAM- mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory -$78 US.
Case-Antec Nine Hundred Black Computer Case -$80 US.
Hard drive- Western Digital Caviar SE 320GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA100 -$80 US.
PSU- Antec EA650 650W Power Supply -$70 US.
Video Card- Radeon HD 4850 H485F512P Video Card -$185 US.
This comes out to about $950 with my dvd drive. I want to know if this is good for the money or if there are better parts for same prices etc.
Also I would appreciate it if there are any parts not compatible in my build and if the case is a good size to fit all of this.
Sorry for bad grammar its late. If you need any more info I'll be watching this post.
Also if you could tell me about how this build will run Crysis/Age of Conan that would be cool too.
Suggestions (Should be done all or just few or even only one or two, just pick which one you like) :
1. Change your X38/X48 mobo to Gigabyte or ASUS. Stick with X38 or X48 if you wanna Xfire your system, but get P45 if you don'T wanna Xfire your computer.
2. Get WD640GB or Seagate 500GB 32MB (SATA)
3. Get another HD4850, if you wanna play Crysis on high res with high settings.
4. Get Corsair 750W for Xfired HD4850 or 550W for unXfired HD4850.
5. Get an aftermarket proc cooler such as Xigmatek HDT-S1283+bracket, Zalman cnps9700, or Scythe Orrochi, and OC your Q6600, since it is only a piece of cake to turn it into 3.0GHz.
6. Get Samsung S203B if you still don't have any DVD-burner.
7. If you wanna reduce your casing cost, Coolermaster RC690 is cheaper but also good.