Sign in with
Your question

Burning in & Benchmarking new system

Last response: in Systems
August 5, 2008 4:49:58 PM

Can anyone suggest a good way to "burn in" a new system? I'd also like to benchmark mine against avererages to make certain the parts are all performing as they should, so that I can act within the small envelope of time to return something if necessary.

Thank you in advance for your help.

In case it helps, the system is:
Asus M2N-MX SE Plus GeForce 6100 Socket AM2 Motherboard,
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ AM2 CPU Black Edition
Crucial 2x 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667Mhz
SAMSUNG 500GB SERIAL ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G
NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner ND-3550A
Power Up Black ATX Mid-T Case w/450w
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler -
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
August 5, 2008 5:37:32 PM

My personal Burn in Testing:

8+hrs of Prime95 Small FFT
8+hrs of Prime95 Blend Test
6hrs+ Memtest86+

Benchmarking:
3DMark06
PC Mark
Sandra Lite Arithmetic/Multimedia

@OP: I strongly recommend you get a quality PSU. The ones that come with the case are usually cr@p.
Related resources
August 5, 2008 5:57:42 PM

thank you both. my cooler is not stock, but one recommended here in the Forums, it's a ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler.

Do either of you happen to know anything about that particular cooler?
August 5, 2008 6:16:28 PM

yeah i'm running the same cpu,and some crucial ram,and said cpu cooler,suffice to say that "you won't believe what you will see,,,i mean so loooow"..
that is assuming you have enough space in your case,,and BTW,,you might have to reverse the attachment doohickey,:) .
otherwise it will be blowing to the front,,,,it is mentioned in the install instructions,,enjoy..:>)
And watch that screw it is on very tight..
August 5, 2008 6:28:35 PM

gowens said:
thank you both. my cooler is not stock, but one recommended here in the Forums, it's a ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler.

Do either of you happen to know anything about that particular cooler?

The Freezer Pro is a good HSF. But I still think you should get a better PSU (power supply Unit).
!