WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
with prime i heard that there is something you have to do in the bios. or maybe its in the operating system. so when the computer blue screens you can actualy see what the errors where first.

does anyone know what this is and where i find that setting.

also is this safe to disable that BSOD reboot thing.

thanks
winter

lucuis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
The error should show up in your Event Viewer. Otherwise you can disable the "BSOD reboot thing' so that the screen freezes at the BSOD and you can write the error code down.

All this is assuming you're just testing your computer for stability. If you've been overclocking then you should know why it's BSODing and my advice isn't required.

A BSOD resulting from an unstable overclock is normal. There's an overclocking guide at the top of the Overclocking Forum that should help you make it stable.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
hmm. well thats kiinda the question. i don't know where to disable that feature that makes the pc reboot instantly. not sure whats its called even. i just rember reading bout it somewhere. and yes im overclocking. tryin to get it to 3.8ghz i have done so0 but it is not prime stable so i backed it back down until i can figure the prime out.

is it safe to turn that feature that makes pc reboot off? will it cause damage.

also is it in the bios or the operating system

thanks