2 Memories running at different clock speed

thrunthru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
heyy,

I've got two different memory manufacturer in my case. One is a OCZ platium edition with 4-5-4-15 and the other is a Kingston ValueRam running at 5-5-5-18. Does it matter that these run differently even as though both run @ 800MHz?!

Solution

Well my friend I would not reccomend that to any one. If it does work on your M/BD they will usually default to the slower timed stick of ram as opposed to OC'n the slower stick to match the faster timings.

More importantly probably thou is using different sticks like that can give you stability issues resulting from corruption of your OP/SYS files.

I would reccomend that you use a matched set of ram assuming your M/BD supports dual channel mode ( as most do now adays ) or not just for the...

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002

Well my friend I would not reccomend that to any one. If it does work on your M/BD they will usually default to the slower timed stick of ram as opposed to OC'n the slower stick to match the faster timings.

More importantly probably thou is using different sticks like that can give you stability issues resulting from corruption of your OP/SYS files.

I would reccomend that you use a matched set of ram assuming your M/BD supports dual channel mode ( as most do now adays ) or not just for the stabilty issues involved.

Good luck

Solution

thrunthru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009

Oh man thanks for the help, I'll be having anyways another OCZ plantium edition this week or so and that kingston's, they'll be in the other computer. :D