Last response: in Motherboards
November 14, 2008 6:59:13 PM

Board Name: EVGA X58

Product Number: 132-BL-E758-A1

MSRP: $299.99

Release Date: November 17, 2008

SLi and CrossFire are both supported. :D 

Check it out, Extreme Cooling Mode and adjustable PWM. :D 

Just a heads up, the EVGA X58 Ultimate FTW Edition will be releasing in December. There will be no "Step-Up" option as it is an "FTW" edition board. ;) 
November 15, 2008 12:40:34 AM

Way too Nvidia-ish for my taste. It looks like an imitation nvidia chipset board. Also the lack of any mention and branding of Crossfire support (eventhough its supported) on the box is a turn off. Ill look at another company for my potential X58 buy.
Related resources
November 15, 2008 12:53:02 AM

spathotan said:
Way too Nvidia-ish for my taste. It looks like an imitation nvidia chipset board. Also the lack of any mention and branding of Crossfire support (eventhough its supported) on the box is a turn off. Ill look at another company for my potential X58 buy.

It's not about the box but what's in it :lol: 
November 15, 2008 1:23:45 AM

slntdth93 said:

i think the box is more important then whats inside ;) 
November 15, 2008 1:26:47 AM

^+1 boxes are great.
November 15, 2008 2:32:08 AM

slntdth93 said:

I was talking about whats in it :pt1cable: 
November 15, 2008 3:15:57 AM

It's probably crap.
When it reaches you, throw it away, or better yet, send it to me...
a b V Motherboard
November 15, 2008 3:45:38 AM

Would be nice to see a little more space between the pci-e slots. I think , so far, I only saw 1 board where there was some "breathing" room. Not tri-sli though, but who cares ?
a b V Motherboard
November 15, 2008 3:47:38 AM

AuDioFreaK39 said:
Just a heads up, the EVGA X58 Ultimate FTW Edition will be releasing in December. There will be no "Step-Up" option as it is an "FTW" edition board. ;) 

I only ever see you in here to push EVGA product, which would make you a spammer. Spamers are NOT allowed here.

Furthermore, EVGA motherboards have never been top products, and this one is designed by who...former EPoX engineers? EPoX left the business for a reason!

You'd might as well be spaming for VIA.
a b V Motherboard
November 15, 2008 4:25:29 AM

You'd might as well be spaming for VIA.[/quotemsg]

LOL
November 15, 2008 5:21:55 AM

Crashman said:
I only ever see you in here to push EVGA product, which would make you a spammer. Spamers are NOT allowed here.

Furthermore, EVGA motherboards have never been top products, and this one is designed by who...former EPoX engineers? EPoX left the business for a reason!

You'd might as well be spaming for VIA.

That's a completely subjective opinion-based response, but I respect it. Nonetheless, I wouldn't consider myself a spammer for merely informing people about an upcoming motherboard. EVGA's advertisement team failed to do so (how many people on here even knew EVGA was making an X58? 3%?), so I'm taking the burden. It's simply information - after all, this is the internet.

p.s. I do not work for them.
a b V Motherboard
November 15, 2008 6:51:49 AM

Nah, I've actually tested nearly every EVGA motherboard, and these have always come in 2nd or lower compared to similar boards. I go all the way back with EVGA motherboards to the days when Jetway was their supplier.
November 15, 2008 6:55:25 AM

Crashman said:
Nah, I've actually tested nearly every EVGA motherboard, and these have always come in 2nd or lower compared to similar boards. I go all the way back with EVGA motherboards to the days when Jetway was their supplier.

fyi, in relation to world records, the EVGA and Gigabyte X58s are on top right now. ;) 
a b V Motherboard
November 15, 2008 7:33:12 AM

AuDioFreaK39 said:
fyi, in relation to world records, the EVGA and Gigabyte X58s are on top right now. ;) 

That's great to hear, I've heard wonderful things about the stability of Gigabyte's X58's.

The problem of course is that you began touting this EVGA motherboard before even the first testers had their hands on one.

I actually talked to a world class overclocker who swore...among all things...by EVGA motherboards for SLI and Asus' ROG series for Crossfire or single cards. My personal experience has shown the Asus' P5B series usually has a tiny edge over its bling-oriented (faked "enthusiast oriented") ROG series, so I asked him why he didn't use those.

His response? "When I get a new board I spend 3 days cursing it. After two weeks I get it just the way I want it and don't have any desire to mess around with something else"

In other words, he only works with the first board the manufacturer sends him. And he sets records with that board, not because it's a superior board, but because he's spent weeks improving it.
!