Antec 1200 case fan options?

shaggy2k7

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Building a Antec 1200 gaming computer and I know it comes with 5 120mm and 1 200mm fan. Looking to get 2 more fans, 1 for the side panel and another to go onto the gpu. I am looking for the same blue the stock case fans give off.

There is a antec 120mm tri-color fan http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209011

It sells on newegg for $14.99, yet I am seeing other 120mm fans with blue led for a little cheaper. So I'm here to ask if there is another 120mm case fan that gives off the same blue led as the stock antec 1200 because in some pictures they look light blue. Or should I just get the one I linked above?

sailer

Splendid

I have an Antec 1200, and from my experience, its best to get a fan from Antec if you want a matching shade of blue. Do carefully measure the clearances though. Some CPU heatsinks are tall enough that they will prevent a fan being installed in the stock location which Antec provides on the side panel. I was all set to put a fan on the side panel myself, but found it interfered with the TRUE on the CPU.

With all the fans that come stock on the 1200, you might find you have adequate cooling without any extra fans. I installed Core Temp and GPU-Z and observed the temps of my CPU (an i7 920) and GPU (a Nvidia GTX 260-216). Since they were both fine, I ended up not adding any fans to the 1200, but used the fans I did get on a different case. Of course, if you're not looking for extra cooling as much as extra lighting, then install the fans and enjoy the show. Just be sure to measure the clearances so you don't have any interference.