Sign in with
Your question

Spyhunter 4 grldr error

Last response: in Windows XP
December 31, 2010 12:00:10 PM

I ran spyhunter 4 to remove Security Shield. It disabled some start up processes and had me restart. when it restarted i get Grldr ... opening gate A20.... but never starts up. it's a toshiba laptop tecra, running xp pro.
can someone help me? I emailed spyhunter but have not heard back. how do i get rid of this message and start the laptop?

More about : spyhunter grldr error

December 31, 2010 1:25:01 PM

Another person who had their operating system damaged by a "free" security download. NEVER load free programs like this into your computer.
You think by now that some people would have learned this lesson, but no.

There are two things you can do, basically, that will get the system up and running again.
1. Do a system repair. See the directions posted in this forum, fourth post from the top, and follow the directions.
2. Remove the damaged drive from your computer. Install it as a second drive on a working computer. Drag your files off the damaged drive and make a backup of your personal files. Re-install the damaged drive, reformat completely, do a fresh install of the operating system. Now install the back up files from the backup you made above.
m
l
January 1, 2011 12:40:04 PM

this was not a free program - we actually paid for Spyhunter 4 and from the research we did, it was a legit program. I have contacted tech support but have not yet received a response. So what you are saying is that it damaged the drive? This is insane,
m
l
!