No Sound

I have an annoying issue of my sound turning itself off. I know to run services.msc then go to Windows Audio and start it manually, but now I run into:

"Error 1053: the service did not start or respond to the control request in a timely fashion"

I can fix this on reboot, but do not like to HAVE to reboot.

Any advice appreciated.

Mike
6 answers Last reply
More about sound
  1. you should probably try to delete the current audio drivers. Download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.
  2. soundguruman said:
    you should probably try to delete the current audio drivers. Download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Do you have a walk through on doing that please? Never worked with drivers.
  3. Well I worked it out and re-installed the audio drivers like recommended and the issue is partially resolved. I do have sound, but it still stops for whatever reason. Now, though, it allows me to start it again *most* of the time.
  4. sound from streaming source, or disk playback, or music file?
  5. All sound except the system beeps. I lose anything for music, games, streaming etc. It does not matter, the audio device stops in services.msc and will not restart with manual attempts.
  6. That would be my guess, but I did run through the moderators cleaning post and that did fix a lot, but not all of my issues.
Ask a new question

Read More

Audio Windows XP