Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

Oh no dont tell us...

TC has fell to the Daft Side, had a cup of tea with Daft Ader...

Then went on and gone and got him self a Phenom..

:bounce:

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
fail-owned-yahoo-science-mirror-fail1.jpg

This is one that springs to mind

^He is on a specialized form of crack laced with AMD. He smokes it every day making him think AMD is God and then writes some crap like this.

Hehe, saying Intel would go BK is like saying Viacom will go BK. Just wont happen without some sort of random act of God.

Moderator Edit: TC, this may be FUD, but it's also copyrighted. You can't copy-paste the whole thing on a public forum.

My apologies. Thank you for correcting this Jake.

I encourage everyone to click the link and take a read, it'll give you a good chuckle. It's all about accountability. Some people in the "processor discussion world" have made some highly speculative and irresponsible claims and presented them as fact. Looking at their past statements and comparing them to reality is important to me and says a lot about credibility.

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
At least Sharikou is openly biased and good for a laugh, unlike a blogger from AMDZone who claims to be impartial but who's bias is so thinly veiled I'm not sure who he is trying to kid. :)

endyen

Splendid
So, what is the funniest part?
Truly, an idiot fanboy being proved wrong beyond any shadow of doubt, can be considered humourous.
How about if you get a whole site full?
They are not BK yet though are they?
Somehow they have managed to hang in there.
Of course, the site I am talking about is this one, and the company on the verge of BK is AMD. Anyone here remember saying that ?

I for one have never thought AMD would go bankrupt, and in fact, I've been rather hopeful about their transition to 45nm.

Many of us have been level headed about AMD's situation. AMD is the polar opposite of Intel right now.

AMD:
Losing hundreds of millions of dollars each qaurter
Needs to raise cash
Plumetting stock price
Pushed down to $~150 on the desktop side

Intel:
Hefty profits
Rock solid financial position
Stock price decline inline with market decline
Price setter; not yard-saling their products

AMD has had to sell their manufacturing facilities to get cash to survive. AMD is cutting off it's legs to save the rest of themselves. I hope they can come out strong, but AMD is in a VERY serious financial situation.

I too am hopeful. I think they'll make significant progress.

The big thing is how well will AMD's next gen compete against Intel's next gen? Until we see some solid benchies we can only speculate.

Hmmm... Makes me think that by the time K11 is out Intels 32nm Westmere will probably be out.

AMD is going the right direction but its just sad it took billions in loss to get there.

But thats hwat happens when you make a good choice at the very wrong time.