Rounding errors, memory good...

abc23023

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Hello everyone, I bought a gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 board recently. (computer specs at the bottom of this post)

I've been having problems with this board for a very long time, specifically BSODs. So, i decided to take everything out of the case and put everything back. thinking it was a short on the mobo. I took everything out, cleaned the dust of everything, and assembled everything back together. I installed vista, and ran Prime 95, within a couple seconds, rounding error, expected .4 rounding was .5.

I ran memtest, and got 0 errors after 4 hours.

Does this point to a faulty motherboard?
Should I RMA?

computer specs:
Q6600 STOCK- 1.3v
OCZ 4gb (2gbx2) 4-4-4-15 at 2.1V underclocked to 5-5-5-18 @ 1.8
integrated graphics
250GB sata drive,
Samsung lite-on DVD burner, PATA
OCz 600 W power supply.

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Put memory back at stock timings and voltage then retest w/Prime95, but it's not likely to be memory, if memory were so instable that it can't run prime95 for a couple seconds, it'd not be very likely to be able to even finish booting the OS.

More often this is a CPU instability, so check CPU temps. Check on newer mobo bios too. If bios allows it, temporarily lower bus speed by a notch to see if the error still results.

Instead of telling us you have bluescreens, look at what those actually say. Get the stop error code and track that down with a google search. Check northbridge temperature too.

abc23023

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
if anybody is still wondering, i lowered my Vcore to 1.25, and my GTLREF ratio to 0.65, everything is good now

thanks for the help