sticker shock: forwarding e-mail: former AT&T now Cingular

I was an AT&T customer and forwarded my e-mail to my cell phone. Yes, it
only showed the first 250 characters but it was helpful to know if I needed
to log-on to pick up any critical messages. I changed to Cingular and
specifically asked if the same service was included in the base plan. I was
told (at the same AT&T store where I originally signed-up for AT&T, now a
Cingular store) that I would get the same service without add'l charge.

My first bill arrived and had 450 "text messages" for $45! I called
Cingular customer service and they told me that "their plan was not for me
if I wanted to forward my messages at no cost." I had to dig-out the fact
that they have a $10/month option for 750 text messages/month. I asked to
speak with a supervisor because I was not going to pay $45 for the messages.
The supervisor said that they would credit me $45 and enroll me for the
$10/month plan.

It looks like this confusion is a casualty of their merger and different
definition of terms and their service plans. At least they waived the
charge but it was a major sticker shock.

In article <3OpMd.8471$S3.6539@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Robert Cowen" <rcowen@junk.com> wrote:

> I was an AT&T customer and forwarded my e-mail to my cell phone. Yes, it
> only showed the first 250 characters but it was helpful to know if I needed
> to log-on to pick up any critical messages. I changed to Cingular and
> specifically asked if the same service was included in the base plan. I was
> told (at the same AT&T store where I originally signed-up for AT&T, now a
> Cingular store) that I would get the same service without add'l charge.
>
> My first bill arrived and had 450 "text messages" for $45! I called
> Cingular customer service and they told me that "their plan was not for me
> if I wanted to forward my messages at no cost." I had to dig-out the fact
> that they have a $10/month option for 750 text messages/month. I asked to
> speak with a supervisor because I was not going to pay $45 for the messages.
> The supervisor said that they would credit me $45 and enroll me for the
> $10/month plan.
>
> It looks like this confusion is a casualty of their merger and different
> definition of terms and their service plans. At least they waived the
> charge but it was a major sticker shock.

But everyone was trained by November 15, at least thats what their
November 16 press release said.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT=683924&TICK=CINGU
L04&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004

"Each former AT&T Wireless store now has a supply of Cingular phones,
accessories, branding elements and signage. More importantly, thousands
of customer-facing employees have completed training to ensure that they
can provide all visitors to Cingular stores with accurate and
up-to-the-minute information "

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You have mentioned this 10,000 times in the past few months. Those of
us following the group have already absorbed the statment. It may mean
something to us, it may mean nothing.

In the meantime why don't you get a life and come up with something
new.

In article <qee401d5id59tkeierbfililokifbo557o@4ax.com>,
Harry <email@ivegotone.com> wrote:

> You have mentioned this 10,000 times in the past few months. Those of
> us following the group have already absorbed the statment. It may mean
> something to us, it may mean nothing.
>
> In the meantime why don't you get a life and come up with something
> new.

Sorry you cant stand the fact that Cingular lied.

Three reasons for posting it.

1. Its relevant to what the OP said, and the small quote from the press
release has NEVER been posted before.

2. It may be news to the OP.

3. Neither You nor Navis are the controllers of USENET, and have zero
standing to declare what I may and may not post.

"Big men discuss ideas, little men discuss people". Eleanor Roosevelt.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:10:43 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>In article <qee401d5id59tkeierbfililokifbo557o@4ax.com>,
> Harry <email@ivegotone.com> wrote:
>
>> You have mentioned this 10,000 times in the past few months. Those of
>> us following the group have already absorbed the statment. It may mean
>> something to us, it may mean nothing.
>>
>> In the meantime why don't you get a life and come up with something
>> new.
>>

>Sorry you cant stand the fact that Cingular lied.

What I said you idiot was that you have said many times that Cingular
lied about how long it would take to fully complete the merger. I did
not indicate whether I agreed with you or not. Perhaps I do, perhaps I
don't.

Please don't show your additional stupidity by assuming one thing or
the other about what I believe.

I repeat, you are an idiot.

In article <9nq401126gdi8d53lqha9ce1a09o4j82q5@4ax.com>,
Harry <email@ivegotone.com> wrote:

> I repeat, you are an idiot.

I must be right if you have to resort to childish name calling.
Thanks for demonstrating your maturity (or lack thereof).