Having some big troubles with my HD i believe? help pls

Bloch

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
i made my computer about 6 months ago and i never had any issue with it all untill some days ago.

I turned the computer on and while its loading the windows xp bar, the blue screen of death appears real fast and my computer restarts, i got a HDD barracuda 7100 i think but thats not it.

I formated the hd and installed windows xp once again and everything worked just fine, it let me update drivers, restart, turn on and by the night when i was done updating everything i turned it off, next day i turn it back on and guess what? same problem, same blue screen!! i've formated my computer 4 times now and it keeps giving me the same error every time so i tried the repair console for windows xp. i used chkdsk, fixboot, fixmbr and nothing, it wont let me get in. I believe its the HD, which is weird, its not that old, the case has always been closed with 2 fans, i trully need some tips, help. thanks in advance!!

Bloch

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
S.M.A.R.T. is actually disabled from the BIOS, or maybe u mean something else. so i'll reinstall the whole thing and try memtest86 like u said and then speedfan, right now im doing a big format to the pc which is gonna take a while

ghmage

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
It doesn't matter if the BIOS has SMART monitoring enabled or not; software can still pull the data off the hard drive.
You can put memtest86+ on a CD to boot and circumvent the HD entirely.