Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Code Purple...

Last response: in Windows XP
January 1, 2011 3:25:55 PM

This morning I did a System Recovery to my desktop computer. When it booted back up I got an error message "System Configuration Error (Code Purple)". After some research I found it is because I previously upgraded my mobo. What I cannot find is a simple solution to my problem.

I have been kicking around a couple ideas, but don't know if either will work or if there is one that I haven't thought of.

1. Buy a new version of Windows and install it.
2. Reinstall the old mobo, get everything up and working, then switch back to the newer mobo.
3. Anything you good people can come up with...

Thanks!

More about : code purple

Best solution

January 1, 2011 11:24:39 PM

You need to do the repair install of the operating system, see this forum, fourth post from the top, for the directions. after that...
You need to download and install the latest drivers from the mobos manufacturer's website.
January 11, 2011 10:56:03 PM

Best answer selected by scubaslim.
m
l
January 13, 2012 9:18:37 AM

scubaslim said:
This morning I did a System Recovery to my desktop computer. When it booted back up I got an error message "System Configuration Error (Code Purple)". After some research I found it is because I previously upgraded my mobo. What I cannot find is a simple solution to my problem.

I have been kicking around a couple ideas, but don't know if either will work or if there is one that I haven't thought of.

1. Buy a new version of Windows and install it.
2. Reinstall the old mobo, get everything up and working, then switch back to the newer mobo.
3. Anything you good people can come up with...

Thanks!

The question doesn't tell the whole story-does it? The answer is not necessarily correct either!
I got the same Code Purple Error---but in a different context.
Timeline---- 2008 HP Pavilion t3550uk Desktop PC( out of Warranty, bought 2006) behaving erratically --App. hangs--install/uninstall problems etc
Repair shop says HD is defective, so I get new HD and OS installed from old one.
OK---for a while---then the problems begin again. Much contact with HP Support, but no real cause / solution given by them.
I do a lot of research ( not easy when you're not Computer clever)
eventually finding that the Motherboard is the problem.
I remove the MB and find that when the Cooler was fitted, it put the MB under stress( caused curving). Over time this caused some of the embedded "tracks" to pull apart and become unstable, and causing the erratic behaviour. This was
discovered by a friend. A replacement MB only available in USA--not expensive--but Freight/Customs costs to EU too much.
So new PC, but I want to keep my (English) OS so-after ok from Dealer-- I put my HP English OS (XP) into the new PC. No problems--works ok.
Dec 2011 Need to do System Restore, but find this is not creating Restore/Checkpoints---and wont Restore to existing Restore points---corrupted files. Only solution---Full System Recovery!( a System Restore re-install failed--some files not found)
System Recovery---from self burned Recovery Discs---successful.
Reboot after Recovery --CODE PURPLE CONFIGURATION ERROR!
OS prevented from booting.
Revert to German XP Pro OS to find out what this is---never seen it befor.
Cause---All PCs sold with a Built in OS are "Tattooed! That is, the BIOS is MATCHED to the OS! If you change anything in that System it will be ok IN THAT PC---take anything from that System into another PC it will work--UNTIL YOU DO A SYSTEM RECOVERY/REINSTALL---then CODE PURPLE kicks in!
When I got the new HD, the dealer gave me the original, to use for re-install purposes. I put that into the new PC---and it's working again---BUT--I WONT BE DOING A SYSTEM RECOVERY to it ON THIS PC ! I'll get a dealer to do it--then it will function ok.
Check out the Geeks.com Forums for this Error ---very informative!
m
l
!