Zalman case and cooling

m77

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
i'm gonna be building my first computer soon, and i want it to be not just super compnent wise but it must look super cool too.

so the first thing is the case... the HAF 932 looks good but somehow a bit "plasticky" and i want a "professional" "high end" look.

i like the Zalman. sweet.

the new Zalman 1000 liquid cooling case looks really cool, with the three red gauges on the front, the sleek appearance and control knobs and all. i like it. but,, no window on the side to show off the components.. i thought that was kinda sad.

so i went to the Zalman website and found a Zalman Fatality (900?) hooked up with a lliquid cooling "reserator" ... the side window lets you see the blue cooling tubes and they lead out the back of the case to a tall slim cylinder looking radiator (fanless).

so has anybody ever used or seen one of these in action? is this "reserator" good? worth it? stupid?

i am not committed to liquid cooling... just mostly for the look (lighted liquid tubing looks cool) and for the pride of building a really awesome computer.... no i dont know how to overclock... but maybe i will learn later.

comments appreciated.

NoIncentive

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
I think if you're going to liquid cool your system, you might as well go for quality parts (D-Tek, Danger Den, Swiftech blocks; Thermochill, Swiftech, HW Labs radiators, etc...). Don't get a reserator. Otherwise, I'd stick to air cooling and save some money. There are some awesome heatsinks available now that get great cooling results (Thermalright Ultra 120, Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer, Zalman 9700).

Do some research before looking into water cooling. The case usually isn't that important, as long as it fits all of your components and has ample airflow. I don't know exactly what you're looking for... Google some case reviews, and you'll eventually come across a quality one that looks good.

teh_boxzor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
as far as water cooling goes the most important parts to keep in mind would be your blocks and how big of a radiator you could fit in your case.