Evercool Buffalo Cpu cooler!

instantcoffee

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Hey sorry to make another post but tomorrow I am planning on ordering a Evercool Buffalo AMD cpu cooler.

I hear it's really good, its got good reviews and many people say its good value for money.

Im planning to unlock my phenom II x2 550 and make it a phenom II x4 b50 but my temps were to high running as a quad on stock cooler.

so my question is has anyone tried this cooler? or know if its any good. I want to double check before I purchase this item.

also it looks quite big I hope it will fit in my case. Asus Vento A8 with the chassis. I cant find a proper image of it online though.

rkaye

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Why would anyone name their cooler after a buffalo? penguin i could understand, seal, igloo, Eskimo, those i'd get... but buffalo? is it furry cooler that emits noxious smelling methane?

instantcoffee

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
You already got a quad core for a dual core price, now you want to cheap out on a cooler for $15. You get what you pay for.

I have herd this cooler can beat out alot of the $50+ coolers. and a guy on newegg who wrote a review was doing the same thing as me and overclocked his x4 b50 to 3.8GHz and gets temps under 60. this guy also has a youtube account and ive been talking to him.

btw its 50 bucks + in my country so yeh.

I have herd this cooler can beat out alot of the $50+ coolers. and a guy on newegg who wrote a review was doing the same thing as me and overclocked his x4 b50 to 3.8GHz and gets temps under 60. this guy also has a youtube account and ive been talking to him.
Oh yeah... Newegg reviews.... :lol: Most Newegg reviewers are just idiots.
Top coolers: http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm#INTELHEATSINK

Either that noob in the review is lying or he has a bad temp sensors.

instantcoffee

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

ok then about these reviews?

http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?cat=&id=76&pagenumber=5

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/evercool_buffalo/4.htm

instantcoffee

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

your recommending all these top coolers that I cannot afford. Im looking for something than can keep my Phenom II x4 b50 cool enough for everday use @ 3.1Ghz with MABYE but most likely no overclock.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Good, you got some help. Your welcome. Otherwise you would of got junk.

Don't forget on MANY tests they are running lower wattage CPUs. ALWAYS look at the review dates and what they are testing. ALWAYS. Meaning when you get a high wattage CPU the HS you bought on the cheap isn't able to handle high end CPUs.

And MANY MANY MANY reviews unless from a top trusted site mean little more than a politicians promise. They get free stuff and get payed to review. You think they will bite the hand that feeds them?

You learned something, admit it.

instantcoffee

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

well I would have got the buffalo cooler. but since im getting a mint deal on the ac freezer im going with that. I still think the buffalo cooler would have been ok but the ac freezer is a better cooler. who knows i might even have enough room to overclock aswell :D

TRENDING THREADS