frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I went into the monitor power settings and clicked on the UPS tab to set up
monitoring of my UPS. I don't know if I selected the wrong com port or type
of APC UPS, but now the computer thinks it is operating on the battery and it
shuts down as soon as Windows trys to start up. How can I disable this when
the computer won't stay on long enough to get back to this screen?

"Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I went into the monitor power settings and clicked on the UPS tab to
set up
> monitoring of my UPS. I don't know if I selected the wrong com port
or type
> of APC UPS, but now the computer thinks it is operating on the
battery and it
> shuts down as soon as Windows trys to start up. How can I disable
this when
> the computer won't stay on long enough to get back to this screen?

Have you tried rebooting into Safe Mode and changing the setting?

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:51:12 -0700, Frank wrote:

> I went into the monitor power settings and clicked on the UPS tab to set up
> monitoring of my UPS. I don't know if I selected the wrong com port or type
> of APC UPS, but now the computer thinks it is operating on the battery and it
> shuts down as soon as Windows trys to start up. How can I disable this when
> the computer won't stay on long enough to get back to this screen?

Use an alternative power source and disconnect the UPS? Then fix/repair
whatever has gone amok with the UPS settings. Might work...

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

TRENDING THREADS