G

Consider if you have loaded any software or drivers for hardware since it last worked.

As the computer boots but before Windows starts hit the F8 key and when the monochrome screen comes up select Safe Mode. See if the computer will start then. If it does, uninstall the suspected software or hardware.

Your windows install has gone mad, you should format your Windows partition and start with a fresh install. It will save you time seriously instead of trying to fix somewhat that will still be scrapped.

Save your important files and format.

hubbyfour

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Consider if you have loaded any software or drivers for hardware since it last worked.

As the computer boots but before Windows starts hit the F8 key and when the monochrome screen comes up select Safe Mode. See if the computer will start then. If it does, uninstall the suspected software or hardware.
DOSE SAME THING IN SAFE MODE LOAD DESKTOP PICTURE NO ICONS THEN LOG OFF

G

You might investigate running a restore (i.e. go back to a saved restore point rpior to when the issue began) in DOS mode, but I'm not the one to tell you how to do that as I tend to just re-install when Windows screws up.

If there's vital data on the machine I put in a new hard disk, install and then temporarily mount the old drive as a secondary and move any documents, pics etc across to the new drive.