OCZ memory help with GA-EP35-DS3L

I was just wondering if anyone had the OCZ Platinum 2GB (2x1GB) Model OCZ2N10662GK Memory with a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard. There is a different OCZ memory in the support list on Gigabytes site, but I like the platinum and the speeds. I currently have a single 2 gig stick of Transcend 800 Mhz ram, and I want to upgrade to the OCZ 1066 speed ram. Please answer ASAP, my birthday is soon :D
1 answer Last reply
More about memory ep35 ds3l
  1. Gb boards, in general, 'like' Mushkin RAM. Not to say others' WON"T work, just that Mushkins seem to take less fiddling with, and if you ARE willing to fiddle, might OC better. I'm planning a new workstation, and was going to buy 8Gb OCZ 1066 as it was a little cheaper, & they seem to have good support (especially at NewEgg) but, it seemed to me, I'd GLADLY pay $15 a stick to cut several hours of cursing at the BIOS while tweaking.

There's a GREAT Gigabyte forum over at:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69
    You'll find a pair of step-by-step 'stickies', one on RAM testing/tweaking, and one on GB overclocking. Follow the instructions carefully, and odds are 90%+ that you'll find your board/component's OC 'sweet spot' w/no further assistance...
    Good luck!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Platinum OCZ Memory Motherboards