Sign in with
Your question

OCZ memory help with GA-EP35-DS3L

Last response: in Motherboards
November 17, 2008 12:06:24 PM

I was just wondering if anyone had the OCZ Platinum 2GB (2x1GB) Model OCZ2N10662GK Memory with a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard. There is a different OCZ memory in the support list on Gigabytes site, but I like the platinum and the speeds. I currently have a single 2 gig stick of Transcend 800 Mhz ram, and I want to upgrade to the OCZ 1066 speed ram. Please answer ASAP, my birthday is soon :D 

More about : ocz memory ep35 ds3l

a b } Memory
a c 177 V Motherboard
November 17, 2008 1:57:02 PM

Gb boards, in general, 'like' Mushkin RAM. Not to say others' WON"T work, just that Mushkins seem to take less fiddling with, and if you ARE willing to fiddle, might OC better. I'm planning a new workstation, and was going to buy 8Gb OCZ 1066 as it was a little cheaper, & they seem to have good support (especially at NewEgg) but, it seemed to me, I'd GLADLY pay $15 a stick to cut several hours of cursing at the BIOS while tweaking.

There's a GREAT Gigabyte forum over at:
http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69
You'll find a pair of step-by-step 'stickies', one on RAM testing/tweaking, and one on GB overclocking. Follow the instructions carefully, and odds are 90%+ that you'll find your board/component's OC 'sweet spot' w/no further assistance...
Good luck!!!
!