I have two computers, one I use at home, the other a laptop I use on the
road. Is there someway I can export a copy of the "saved passwords
file" from the home computer to import it on my laptop.

Thanks for any guidance.
Don Jacobs

In news:ub$pB8WrFHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Donald Jacobs <donaldjacobs@sprintmail.com> typed:

> I have two computers, one I use at home, the other a laptop I
> use on
> the road. Is there someway I can export a copy of the "saved
> passwords file" from the home computer to import it on my
> laptop.

Because a laptop is far more likely to be lost or stolen, it
might not be a great idea to have password information accessible
on the laptop.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Thanks for the reply here as well as the one to me about "multi-posting"
I did the multi-post after I did not receive any answer here.

As to the risk of the laptop being lost or stolen I am aware of the
potential risk. However what I want to do is not have to carry around
with me a page full of passwords to enter when using the laptop. I want
to be able to enter them once and then monitor the security of the
laptop. Since I am going to use the "remember password" function in any
event I'm just trying to see if there is a way to export the "file" and
then import it to the laptop. That will save me a lot of time
"synching" the two PCs.
Don J

Donald Jacobs wrote:
> Thanks for the reply here as well as the one to me about "multi-posting"
> I did the multi-post after I did not receive any answer here.
>
> As to the risk of the laptop being lost or stolen I am aware of the
> potential risk. However what I want to do is not have to carry around
> with me a page full of passwords to enter when using the laptop. I want
> to be able to enter them once and then monitor the security of the
> laptop. Since I am going to use the "remember password" function in any
> event I'm just trying to see if there is a way to export the "file" and
> then import it to the laptop. That will save me a lot of time
> "synching" the two PCs.
> Don J
>
> Ken Blake wrote:
>
>> In news:ub$pB8WrFHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>> Donald Jacobs <donaldjacobs@sprintmail.com> typed:
>>

>>> I have two computers, one I use at home, the other a laptop I use on
>>> the road. Is there someway I can export a copy of the "saved
>>> passwords file" from the home computer to import it on my laptop.
>>

>> Because a laptop is far more likely to be lost or stolen, it might not
>> be a great idea to have password information accessible on the laptop.

Donald,

Check out this program Password Depot 2

http://www.password-depot.com/overview.htm

Its free for up to twenty password. All passwords are encrypted and
can be carried on a thumb drive if you so desire. I use it at work
and at home. The auto complete function is really nice. Master password
to access the program is not stored. So if your laptop is stolen the
thief wouldn't have access to your passwords.

Standard disclaimer: I don't work for or receive compensation in
any form from this company.

gls858

Thanks for the pointer. I'll look into it.
Don