1. Uninstall Huawei broadband software after disconnecting the USB
2. Reboot, then connect the Huawei modem to some other USB port and reinstall driver (also check whether your service provider has any patch available for windows 7)
Have you updated your OS to SP1? If not please do so.
1. Have uninstalled software after disconnecting the USB
2. Have rebooted & reinstalled - however from the same USB port - WILL try & use the other ports
3. Have already informed the service provider 2 days ago - no response
Will keep you posted - it is the device or the driver!!!