Sign in with
Your question

Two HDDs on one board

Tags:
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
January 2, 2011 11:52:14 PM

I am trying to have two drives on one mobo. Both have Windows XP but only one is bootable in BIOS. I am able to launch Windows and see both drives. When I click on the drive that houses my data files I see it as drive D but access is denied. I can launch some programmes on the same drive in the Programe File folder but the D: drive access is denied, where I presume the data files are.

There is another folder called Shared Folder but there is nothing there. When this D: drive was my main drive my files were in My Documents. I can't see that now; just the D: drive folder, with access denied.

My main bootable drive has Windows XP SP3 and the drive I am trying to access my data files on has Windows XP Home SP2. My system is a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H board, AMD Phenom IIx2 555 BE and RAM is two sticks of 2GB DDR3 RAM. The main bootable drive is a WD 500 GB Sata3 drive. The old drive I am trying to access is a Maxtor 160GB which is now 4 years old but works fine on my old board which was a MSI MS-6702 running an Athlon single core CPU.

More about : hdds board

January 3, 2011 12:26:40 AM

boot of a Linux Live CD and see if you can copy you file.

it has to do with windows security since the file are in you old personal folder
January 3, 2011 10:06:10 PM

Emerald said:
boot of a Linux Live CD and see if you can copy you file.

it has to do with windows security since the file are in you old personal folder

Ok. Thanks. Will try. Is there any other method in the open domain (i.e. not having to buy a special programme to transfer) apart from Linux?
January 3, 2011 11:14:21 PM

Linux usually does not care about windows security.

just browse the HHDs and copy and past like you would in windows.
!