Problem Deleting files

I'm having a problem deleting files from 'c:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Documents'

I get a mesage saying
'Cannot delete file : Access is Denied
Make sure the disk is not full or write protected
and that the file is not currentky in use'

Someone on another thread suggested a program 'who lock me' - which I tried,
and it shows that NO-ONE has locked the file (other than windows explorer I
am using to look at it)

My user is an administrator, and I am the only user logged into the computer.
The files were written by me in the first place.

Anyone any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about problem deleting files

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:09:32 -0700, Colin wrote:

    > I'm having a problem deleting files from 'c:\Documents and
    > Settings\All Users\Documents'
    >
    > I get a mesage saying
    > 'Cannot delete file : Access is Denied
    > Make sure the disk is not full or write protected
    > and that the file is not currentky in use'
    >
    > Someone on another thread suggested a program 'who lock me' - which I tried,
    > and it shows that NO-ONE has locked the file (other than windows explorer I
    > am using to look at it)
    >
    > My user is an administrator, and I am the only user logged into the computer.
    > The files were written by me in the first place.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas?

    Sounds like a permissions issue. Occasionally you will run into "access
    denied" after moving files or reinstalling Windows. Ownership overrides
    other permissions. To regain access, take ownership of the files giving you
    trouble or add your account to the list of owners. How to do this:

    How To Take Ownership of a File or Folder

    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Install this program called unlocker after it is installed then right click
    the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked then
    a window will appear with a list of processes locking the file or folder.
    Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe If that does not work then
    try Killbox http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

    "Colin" <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having a problem deleting files from 'c:\Documents and
    > Settings\All Users\Documents'
    >
    > I get a mesage saying
    > 'Cannot delete file : Access is Denied
    > Make sure the disk is not full or write protected
    > and that the file is not currentky in use'
    >
    > Someone on another thread suggested a program 'who lock me' - which I
    > tried,
    > and it shows that NO-ONE has locked the file (other than windows explorer
    > am using to look at it)
    >
    > My user is an administrator, and I am the only user logged into the
    > computer.
    > The files were written by me in the first place.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas?

Windows XP