Inno3d 9800GTX+
XFX Nvidia 750I SLI Motherboard
Sata2 Seagate HD 16mb cach 320gb
dvd rw drive
arctic cpu cooler
700w PSU
4gb 800mhz OCZ DDR2 Ram
Vista 32

I installed windows and it would crash every now and then with blue screen varying messages, then when I would install the latest mobo chipset drivers it would make the system more unstable and the type of messages I would get would be things like memory leak, out of physical memory, fault codes like 01000XFFFF , 010000064 etc, sometimes even just trying to load Vista would sometimes crash, and then inside windows vista system info it would not know how much ram or what cpu was installed, it did at the beginning, all my voltages were fine too

Then my system would not boot at all, no beeps or anything and an error code on the mobo d4, I swapped the ram around and it made no difference.

My mobo is being replaced tomorrow by a XFX 780I as the place I got my mobo from had no 750Is in stock, its just I would not expect it to be the CPU or the Video card,

No overclocking or nothing either, all stock :)

Couple things. One, it sounds more like a memory problem. Just based on the fact that you're saying you were getting memory leak, out of physical memory, etc error codes.

Second, if you have 4GB of RAM, in a 32bit Operating System, you'll typically only see 3GB (I think Vista 32bit with updates might show you 3.5GB).

That's not an error or hardware problem.

I missed the part about it not booting at all. If your system wouldn't POST at all, you could have a mobo issue. But if the place you bought it is going to swap your 750i for a 780i, all is good. Free upgrade. :)

jdbecks

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
Vista 32 could see my whole 4gb of ram, I swaped over my ram to test it and I still had the same problems, if it was a ram problem it could be a problem on the mobo, I searched over the internet and found alot of 750I mobos having memory leak problems..

so fingers crossed my new mobo will be good :)