Solved

About RAID 0

Hello Guys,
Im a newbie and Im building a new computer (or trying).I have two WD Caviar Black (WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB).
If I buy a WD VelociRaptor (WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache).
Can I configure RAID 0 ?
I want to use V.Raptor(300GB) as boot disk and Two C.Blacks (750GB+750GB) for RAID 0.

CPU : Core I7 920

M.BOARD : ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 (or any other suggestion ? )

RAM : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

GPU : SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 ( Crossfire in the future...but now only one GPU)

PSU : CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready

CASE : COOLER MASTER HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case

Any help appreciated.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about about raid
  1. Is this a very hard question ? any idea ?
  2. the motherboard manual should have info on how to configure the raid. Its as simple as going in the raid bios and telling it what drives to configure wich way.
  3. In my opinion it isn't even worth the trouble. I have 3 320's in my computer and I use one for Vista, one for Win7 and one for Ubuntu sometimes. And other times I use one for OS, one for programs and stuff, and one for backup/media files. Either way I've never had a reason to go through the trouble of configuring and maintaining a RAID array.
  4. Best answer
    I say go for it. It is too easy.

I have had many versions of RAID0 starting with 2xWD Raptors and now 2x160SSD's. My other set is a couple of drives also in RAID 0 for games and videos. It helps if you make or backup videos, and levels load faster in games.

On Intel systems you use CRTL-I to build an array out a normal drive. I have never had a failure. Also make sure your BIOS is set for RAID on the drives area.

The performance is visible....
  5. Thank guys
    Im going to try it
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Storage