  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
July 29, 2004 8:41:13 AM

i have had friends show me guns that looked plain to me that they sold for 3
mil..

i have had guns that had dots etc and was told they were junk bust for a
wall decoration...

so is there a list of some sort to let me know if what i have is worth
anything?

i also have a plus 6 pole arm armor attachment i know is worth somthing but
no clue what?

i have seen similar in venders for 3 mil and other for 30k..lol

how can i know the value of my loot and weapons etc?

KROM

More about : million dollar pistols

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 9:10:16 AM

KROM wrote:
> i have had friends show me guns that looked plain to me that they sold for 3
> mil..
>
> i have had guns that had dots etc and was told they were junk bust for a
> wall decoration...
>
> so is there a list of some sort to let me know if what i have is worth
> anything?
>
> i also have a plus 6 pole arm armor attachment i know is worth somthing but
> no clue what?
>
> i have seen similar in venders for 3 mil and other for 30k..lol
>
> how can i know the value of my loot and weapons etc?
>
> KROM

The only way I've found is to search the trade forums. Or have friends
you can ask who frequent the trade foruns, usually high level artisans.
Prices do vary from server to server, and as the devs change the game.
Crystals, for instance, are almost worthless now on my server. Having
said that, I'll have to agree to the comments to come, about inflated
prices. The only good thing is that as an experienced player, I know how
to earn large amounts of money in a relatively short period of time. I
pity the newer players.
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 11:33:20 PM

"baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote I know how
> to earn large amounts of money in a relatively short period of time. I
> pity the newer players.

Ummmm... care to share?

lol

im poor as dirt..lol

KROM
July 30, 2004 1:44:15 AM

KROM wrote:

> "baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote I know how
>
>>to earn large amounts of money in a relatively short period of time. I
>>pity the newer players.
>

> Ummmm... care to share?
>
> lol
>
> im poor as dirt..lol
>
> KROM

Master a couple professions, and you'll be able to make credits. Combat
professions; I'd feel fairly inept if I couldn't make 50k just running
missions for an hour or two. I think it's mostly having spent enough
time in the game and you find ways to get credits, what is valuable to
other players. I think the most I've made in a day was a million (looted
crystals last fall), but I've heard artisans such as armorsmiths can do
that easily. Just to me, being an artisan is like work, so why do it?
Anyways, if you are new to the game you won't have much in the way of
money. Master a profession (except entertainer lol.../me ducks) and
you'll have enough to do pretty much whatever you want to do in the game.
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 9:41:30 AM

i would like to add, that knowing the age of the owner of the item might
give insight on why it cost so much.
seen same item cost 1000 credits on one vendor and 100,000 on another.
baegucb is right. if you are a master( in a combat profession) you can make
at least 50k in a couple of hrs. need lots a patience running missions. but
can be done.
to make it easier, have an objective. find the best resources(if your scout)
and just hunt that creature, then also sell the harvested items in bazaar.

"KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i have had friends show me guns that looked plain to me that they sold for
3
> mil..
>
> i have had guns that had dots etc and was told they were junk bust for a
> wall decoration...
>
> so is there a list of some sort to let me know if what i have is worth
> anything?
>
> i also have a plus 6 pole arm armor attachment i know is worth somthing
but
> no clue what?
>
> i have seen similar in venders for 3 mil and other for 30k..lol
>
> how can i know the value of my loot and weapons etc?
>
> KROM

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:10:55 PM

> Ummmm... care to share?
>
> lol
>
> im poor as dirt..lol

I've combat professions and I can earn about 700k in 3.5h buff doing solo
janta & mokk's missions at dantooine. It's just hit & run, only destroying
the lair with my LLC, so I can manage each lair in more less 3min.
July 31, 2004 4:17:05 AM

"baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote in message
> KROM wrote:
>
> > "baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote I know how
> >
> >>to earn large amounts of money in a relatively short period of time. I
> >>pity the newer players.
> >

> > Ummmm... care to share?
> >
> > lol
> >
> > im poor as dirt..lol
> >
> > KROM
> >

> Master a couple professions, and you'll be able to make credits. Combat
> professions; I'd feel fairly inept if I couldn't make 50k just running
> missions for an hour or two. I think it's mostly having spent enough
> time in the game and you find ways to get credits, what is valuable to
> other players. I think the most I've made in a day was a million (looted
> crystals last fall), but I've heard artisans such as armorsmiths can do
> that easily. Just to me, being an artisan is like work, so why do it?
> Anyways, if you are new to the game you won't have much in the way of
> money. Master a profession (except entertainer lol.../me ducks) and
> you'll have enough to do pretty much whatever you want to do in the game.

I never made much money as a Master CM or Master Architect. It wasn't until
i became a doctor the money started rolling in. I always charged Imperials
more for buffs too. ;-)

Laura
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 4:17:06 AM

Laura wrote:
> "baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote in message
>
>>KROM wrote:
>>

>>>"baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote I know how

>>>Ummmm... care to share?
>>>
>>>lol
>>>
>>>im poor as dirt..lol
>>>
>>>KROM
>>>

>>Master a couple professions, and you'll be able to make credits. Combat
>>professions; I'd feel fairly inept if I couldn't make 50k just running
>>missions for an hour or two. I think it's mostly having spent enough
>>time in the game and you find ways to get credits, what is valuable to
>>other players. I think the most I've made in a day was a million (looted
>>crystals last fall), but I've heard artisans such as armorsmiths can do
>>that easily. Just to me, being an artisan is like work, so why do it?
>>Anyways, if you are new to the game you won't have much in the way of
>>money. Master a profession (except entertainer lol.../me ducks) and
>>you'll have enough to do pretty much whatever you want to do in the game.
>

> I never made much money as a Master CM or Master Architect. It wasn't until
> i became a doctor the money started rolling in. I always charged Imperials
> more for buffs too. ;-)
>
> Laura

rebel scum! ;)
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 10:16:55 AM

well nobody answered my question..lol..

take tonight i do some weapon shoppin...many venders have the "look at stats
" guns in the vender for like 99999999 and i take a look and its a cdef
riffle with say 3.5 speed and a lower ham cost to use specials..but
certainly not by so much id throw months of working money at it!

i mean it will decay like every other gun..if you do 3 vette runs its
shot...

so this must be special for pvp i figure but even then it wont do much good
being a carbiner with a semi fast gun against a pikeman with a poison staff
using dots and knockdown etc on you...

i dunni just dont get the pricings in this game..

Again nobody will TELL me what makes a gun or loot valuable..even friends do
this old trick.."let me see it" you show them and they go its junk
....buttttt ill be nice and give you "x" for it..lol.

you know damn well they are trying to get over on you and these are
friends..this game is wierd that way..

i have a pole are speed 6 armor attachment and i cant get a single ball park
figure of whats it worth!

Also i used all my xp on doc and riffle i have zero left so i cant make a
vender of my own..so whats the best way to sell yer loot?

KROM
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 2:26:09 PM

KROM wrote:
> well nobody answered my question..lol..
>
> take tonight i do some weapon shoppin...many venders have the "look at stats
> " guns in the vender for like 99999999 and i take a look and its a cdef
> riffle with say 3.5 speed and a lower ham cost to use specials..but
> certainly not by so much id throw months of working money at it!
>
> i mean it will decay like every other gun..if you do 3 vette runs its
> shot...
>
> so this must be special for pvp i figure but even then it wont do much good
> being a carbiner with a semi fast gun against a pikeman with a poison staff
> using dots and knockdown etc on you...
>
> i dunni just dont get the pricings in this game..
>
> Again nobody will TELL me what makes a gun or loot valuable..even friends do
> this old trick.."let me see it" you show them and they go its junk
> ...buttttt ill be nice and give you "x" for it..lol.
>
> you know damn well they are trying to get over on you and these are
> friends..this game is wierd that way..
>
> i have a pole are speed 6 armor attachment and i cant get a single ball park
> figure of whats it worth!
>
> Also i used all my xp on doc and riffle i have zero left so i cant make a
> vender of my own..so whats the best way to sell yer loot?
>
> KROM

Ok, first of all, the 9999999 thing is so that the vendor can post
acomment. Read the description of the item to see what the vendor wants
you to know. Only an idiot would buy a cdef weapon for that amount
(although I have been tempted to freak them out heh)

Prices change as time goes along and devs change the game. Most people
(but not all) are not out to cheat you. If a friend offers you money for
an item, my experience is that they are doing *you* a favor, and can
afford it.

Best way to get a feel for how much to ask for, is to go to the trade
formus. I don't know what galaxie you are on, but on the left side of
the main Star Wars Galaxies webpage is a link to various forums,
including trade. The expert traders are there, who keep up with the
supply and demand better than you or I can ever, and any cheaters are
usualy outed quickly. Do a search on the item and compare prices. For
example, your speed 6 armor attachment is medium price range, probably
50k per point (ballpark figure). If you don't trust your friends, or
have none who need it, put it up on the trade forum on your server and
wee who wants it.

btw, the trade forums are hit and miss. Depends on if a person who wants
it sees your ad. Follow your server customs if you like, usually posted
at the top of the first page.
August 1, 2004 6:15:44 PM

> Laura wrote:
> > "baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote in message

> >>Master a couple professions, and you'll be able to make credits. Combat
> >>professions; I'd feel fairly inept if I couldn't make 50k just running
> >>missions for an hour or two. I think it's mostly having spent enough
> >>time in the game and you find ways to get credits, what is valuable to
> >>other players. I think the most I've made in a day was a million (looted
> >>crystals last fall), but I've heard artisans such as armorsmiths can do
> >>that easily. Just to me, being an artisan is like work, so why do it?
> >>Anyways, if you are new to the game you won't have much in the way of
> >>money. Master a profession (except entertainer lol.../me ducks) and
> >>you'll have enough to do pretty much whatever you want to do in the
game.

> > I never made much money as a Master CM or Master Architect. It wasn't
until
> > i became a doctor the money started rolling in. I always charged
Imperials
> > more for buffs too. ;-)
> >
> > Laura
> >

> rebel scum! ;)

and damn proud!!!

Laura
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 1:10:58 AM

i know about the "read me" 99999999 on venders..this wasnt a read me but see
my stats one..

to be clear this guy had "rare loots" vender and on it all items were
insanly high like krayt scale for 77 mil and so called uber leet guns and in
the des he would say..look at stats or ultra low ham etc..

i just find it odd is all...like my origional post stated i had a friend
loot a gun he sold for 3 million..

my point is how can that possibly be worth it when it had no dots or
modifers just a 1.1 speed ?

i guess im just lost..lol

KROM

"baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote > Ok, first of all, the 9999999 thing is
so that the vendor can post
> acomment. Read the description of the item to see what the vendor wants
> you to know.
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 1:39:06 PM

KROM wrote:

> i know about the "read me" 99999999 on venders..this wasnt a read me but see
> my stats one..
>
> to be clear this guy had "rare loots" vender and on it all items were
> insanly high like krayt scale for 77 mil and so called uber leet guns and in
> the des he would say..look at stats or ultra low ham etc..
>
> i just find it odd is all...like my origional post stated i had a friend
> loot a gun he sold for 3 million..
>
> my point is how can that possibly be worth it when it had no dots or
> modifers just a 1.1 speed ?
>
> i guess im just lost..lol
>
> KROM
>
> "baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote > Ok, first of all, the 9999999 thing is
> so that the vendor can post
>
>>acomment. Read the description of the item to see what the vendor wants
>>you to know.

Well, some people have accumulated hundreds of millions of credits and
can afford to buy an uber weapon for millions (no duping either, I
think). They need to spend their money somehow. It is somewhat funny,
because an artisan needs all the help they can get. They have the money,
so they spend it that way. If you have mastered a combat profession, you
really don't need the expensive weapon to accomplish the same goals.

As to how the money supply works in swg, dupers (expoiters) were
supposedly caught because Sony was watching the money supply ans saw it
baloon months ago. I have my doubts they are that intelligent, and
assume someone spilled the beans on the exploit. But the economy is not
real, and this is a game. It does not work like in real life. If you can
sell an item for a hight price, do so. It always amazes me people will
pay alot of money for Bantha staues or AT-ST helmet (think that's the
one). It's all part of learning the game. In those cases, accept the
mission from an NPC, get item, cancel mission, sell item, repeat.
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 6:54:43 PM

"met" <met@rtr.com> wrote in message

> I've combat professions and I can earn about 700k in 3.5h buff doing
solo
> janta & mokk's missions at dantooine. It's just hit & run, only
destroying
> the lair with my LLC, so I can manage each lair in more less 3min.

TK is the best profession to earn cash quick. You can get 32k missions
in a good solo group on Dant if you run them out of an 'Improved Job
Market' city. A friend of mine can hit 1M easily in a session of buffs.

It also might depend on the layout of the city, we tend to run missions
out of GermanTown (not the name, but it is German and I can never
remember it). They have a mission terminal set up on the extreme west
side of town, as soon as you enter town, with no buildings around. That
allows for 700m missions, maybe closer if you have a weaker weapon
equipped.

- Oalan
!